2016 USA Presidential Elections

So after stirring up hatred for 18mths, why is the xxxxxxxx surprised there are protests:

Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!

Wait till he tries to healthcare off 20m people.

Still has no healthcare expert to advise him.

Michael Hayden, who was CIA director under George W. Bush, has accused Trump of being a dupe of Russia, given his advocacy of views espoused by Vladimir Putin.

Clare Lopez a former CIA officer who has said the Muslim Brotherhood has "infiltrated" the Obama administration

"Collectively they're going to come at international affairs with a bias towards hard power" ? meaning military force ? "as opposed to soft power" ? meaning diplomacy and economic influence.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-national-security-team-includes-surprising-names-n682196

Pathetic behavior. I just hope they don't extend their disgraceful behavior to anything more extreme/illegal.

Of course, the behavior from some on the left is pretty embarrassing too. Riots, flag burning, calls for democracy to be declared racist and banned, etc.

Even violence, it seems.

I agree that violence is not ok from either side.

So after stirring up hatred for 18mths, why is the xxxxxxxx surprised there are protests:
Because it's idiotic to protest a fair democratic election just because you don't like the outcome? This is the ultimate in millennial crybaby culture - of course the adult children who are used to participation trophies throw a tantrum when they don't like something.

Wait till he tries to healthcare off 20m people.
Obamacare has been a disaster and even the left knows it.

Rumor has it Trey Gowdy could be the next Attorney General, which would be great.

Pepe Hell March extracted:

That whole fiasco turned into one of many examples of the press's neglect of (or outright hostility to) integrity and skepticism. It showed how a staggering number of outlets would puppet HRC campaign talking points without investigation or even common sense:
http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/14/h...g-meme-is-just-a-front-for-white-nationalism/
?The funny thing is that we were helping Olivia?s narrative, so we probably could have added in a bunch of insane stuff and she would have still run with the story,? he told TheDCNF. ?Now we have MSNBC and the Clinton campaign citing a troll story about a meme.?

Olivia first started with Swift, who led her on with a hilarious, nonsensical and over-the-top description of Pepe, namely that ?Most memes are ephemeral by nature, but Pepe is not. He?s a reflection of our souls, to most of us. It?s disgusting to see people (?normies,? if you will) use him so trivially. He belongs to us. And we?ll make him toxic if we have to.?

Swift provided the quote to Olivia just to see if she would print it. She did.

How realistic is a wall of tweets? Good question.

I've seen several like it, going back at least to the beginning of the BLM protests at Mizzou and other colleges. Those abounded with misinterpreted incidents and outright lies like claims that the KKK were patrolling campus. The one common thread is that there's rarely any convincing evidence that any of it happened, or if so, who was responsible. And there have also been proven faked incidents.

So I guess the answer is that until these claims are accompanied with some compelling evidence, it's not a good idea to take them as realistic.

EDIT: OK, I just read that whole page, and there is in fact one incident listed with indisputible direct video evidence of violence, including the identity of the victims and perpetrators. It's the folks beating up the old guy and yelling "He voted Trump!", "Beat his ass!", and "Don't vote Trump!" already posted above.

I must admit that caught me off guard (and even raised a chuckle), and i'm a bit speechless except to say "Nice own goal."

Last edited:
Oh, and may I point out that even that clear video evidence is apparently insufficient to prove political harrassment/violence, according to both Snopes and the Chicago police:
The police are saying that an altercation that was claimed to be trump related was actually due to a post fender bender discussion gone wrong: http://www.snopes.com/black-mob-beats-white-man-for-voting-trump/

Doesn't make it ok to whale on someone though, even if your cars fucked up due to a fender bender....

That's right, beating the hell out of someone and yelling about Trump does not qualify as Trump-related violence, as long as your attack "stemmed from" something else. So whatever the hell the standard actually is, it's pretty fucking high and nothing else on that "Trump: Day 1" page comes anywhere close to meeting it . . .

. . . unless of course, you're harboring an unconscionably hypocritical double standard when it comes to pro-Trump vs. anti-Trump harassment/violence. I noticed an article about those anecdotes is already on the front page of CNN.com. Has the anti-Trump beating made it there yet? Did I miss it?

As I said in the other thread:

Sorry, we've caught onto this by now:
. . .
3. Report endlessly any harassment against your side (regardless of evidence), and smear all members of the other side to avoid addressing their arguments and complaints.
4. Never report any instances of your side harassing the other side, even if it's more common, and there's proof.

Because it's idiotic to protest a fair democratic election just because you don't like the outcome? This is the ultimate in millennial crybaby culture - of course the adult children who are used to participation trophies throw a tantrum when they don't like something.

That's not the point, he said the media are responsible, not the maniacal bigot running round the country inciting hatred and violence. The only people who think like him are despots like Putin, Erdogan etc. Do you seriously believe the media are responsible for what Trump and his supporters have done to America?

Obamacare has been a disaster and even the left knows it.

Many factors in health care costs. Would help if GOP didn't think health care companies should be more concerned about dividends to Wall St than cost and quality of care. Basic affordable health care is a human right, why does GOP think America should pay more that most countries for less. It like a hidden GOP tax. US healthcare costs are on average about 250% the OECD average and about 200% of EU countries.

Similar thing with banks. GOP does really care about crazy fees and rogue bank, but prefers to block attempts to consumers a fair deal.

If Trump starts trade war the rust belt states are likely to be hardest hit. Tariffs on cars could be from $5k to $15k range. Something like 14 of 16 states with auto plants voted for Trump.

JPMorgan list of sectors most vulnerable to trade war
Cw7zgGlWgAAe7D1.jpg

Last edited:
I must admit that caught me off guard (and even raised a chuckle), and i'm a bit speechless except to say "Nice own goal."

You think this is a game?

Seriously, is listing the ugly incidents following the election only possible if there's an agenda behind it?

The guy behind that compilation is also being commendably transparent by sharing why the 'blackface kids' tweet was removed.

https://twitter.com/Incilin/status/796868660245757952

That's not the point, he said the media are responsible, not the maniacal bigot running round the country inciting hatred and violence. The only people who think like him are despots like Putin, Erdogan etc. Do you seriously believe the media are responsible for what Trump and his supporters have done to America?
He is not inciting hatred and violence. Those that oppose him have been far more violent than those that support him. And yes, the media have gone all-out with the character assassination on Trump, so they are partly responsible; of course the gullible idiots incapable of critical thought are also responsible.

Many factors in health care costs. Would help if GOP didn't think health care companies should be more concerned about dividends to Wall St than cost and quality of care. Basic affordable health care is a human right, why does GOP think America should pay more that most countries for less. It like a hidden GOP tax. US healthcare costs are on average about 250% the OECD average and about 200% of EU countries.
It is not a basic human right for you to take my hard-earned money for yourself. Nor is the obamacare pyramid scheme a basic human right. I'll put it this way: I think self-defense is a basic human right but you don't see me advocating raising taxes so the government can give guns and provide free jiu-jitsu lessons to everyone. Obamacare has been a disaster and it needs to go. Our primary objective should be driving down costs and I like that Trump wants to speed up the FDA approval process for drugs.

If Trump starts trade war the rust belt states are likely to be hardest hit. Tariffs on cars could be from $5k to $15k range. Something like 14 of 16 states with auto plants voted for Trump.
Trade war? Really? Calm down, Trump isn't the boogeyman. He wants to renegotiate trade deals and bring jobs back and that's somehow supposed to be bad for us?

David Frum ?@davidfrum

If the story ends without too much harm to the Republic, it won't be because the danger was imagined, but because citizens resisted

Full on Schizo!
Cw_MwOWXgAASWZU.jpg

You think this is a game?

Seriously, is listing the ugly incidents following the election only possible if there's an agenda behind it?

The guy behind that compilation is also being commendably transparent by sharing why the 'blackface kids' tweet was removed.

https://twitter.com/Incilin/status/796868660245757952

So his process is to post random Twitter accusations first and investigate later. Or rather, not investigate at all, and leave the post up until someone important enough vouches for the wrongly accused, like the leader of a band. Guilty until proven innocent: S.O.P. in SJW circles.

Max Bemis says it's all good because the kid turned out to be "fully liberal" and a "hippie": you know, part of the in-group. What if the kid had been a conservative or Trump supporter? Would he have still vouched for him, and explained away an innocent picture?

He even claims the kid got death threats after getting doxxed because of that page, but instead of being furious he "certainly" doesn't fault the doxxer at all and just wants him to lay off this one particular victim.

If anything, this a game to them, because they act like straight-up sociopaths who don't give a fuck if someone gets hurt in their witch-hunt. They only care that it could have happened to the "wrong kind" of person.

I swear, if there's one tenet SJWs live by (and cherish) above all others, it's the one that tells them, "It's OK when we do it."

P.S. I again note that the only evidence of violence on that page is for that committed by people who are clearly anti-Trump. Instead of risking another offensive metaphor I will plainly state that this fact alone greatly damages the point the page is desperately grasping at straws to make.

edit: transposed words

Last edited:
You raise valid points. I had seen the removal of the tweet from the perspective of it being 'fake' and too old to fit the context.

Him being an 'insider' isn't a justification and using it as a quick way to prove "no harmful intent" is a weak argument.

The Amazing Atheist did a much better job.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with there being peaceful protests, let people blow off steam.

Not to open yet another can of worms, but what about Nuclear?

Side note: Did they ever made any advance on the reactors that used nuclear waste for fuel?

Not to open yet another can of worms, but what about Nuclear?

Side note: Did they ever made any advance on the reactors that used nuclear waste for fuel?
Pro: lots of clean energy
Con: need somewhere to store nuclear waste.
Con: possibility of epic disaster.