2016 USA Presidential Elections

At least she isn't dangerous for the planet.

I'm not really disturbed by Trump. While not a thing I'd like, the US Constitution was designed to deal with terrible presidents. The idiotic wall he blabs on about, yeah a president can't built it without the consent of the legislator. Trump wanting to curtail the First Amendment? the Supreme Court won't allow it. If Trump got in he'd have a hostile legislative branch and the rule of law to contend with.
Crump.

Cruz or Trump. And either would nominate judges.

Hillary would be the worst pick by far and that's saying a lot.

Both Trump and Cruz are far worse candidates.

Donald Trump speaks with the Washington post editorial board (transcript):

FRED HIATT, WASHINGTON POST EDITORIAL PAGE EDITOR: Do you want to start out?

TRUMP: No, other than to say, we?re working hard, I think we?re all in the same business of trying to make our country better, a better place, so we have something in common. I?ve been treated very, very badly by The Washington Post, but, you know, I guess ? and I?m your neighbor, I?m your neighbor right down the road, in fact we?re actually giving a press conference there in a little while, I think your people are going to be there. And by the way, Bob Costa is an excellent reporter, I?ve found him to be just an excellent reporter. I should tell you, because I have to give you the good and the bad. Not that he does me any favors, because he doesn?t, but he?s a real professional.

So we?re having a news conference today in the new building that?s going up, and the building is very much ahead of schedule, because it was supposed to open two years from September, and we?re going to open it in September. We could open it actually sooner but we?re going to break it in a little bit, so we?re going to open it in September, and it?s under budget, even though we?ve increased the quality of the finishes substantially, marble finishes, very high quality of marble, so we?re under budget and ahead of schedule. And I?m, you know, I am that way when I build, I know how to build, I know how to get things done.

The GSA [General Services Administration], I will say, GSA has been very professional, they?ve been very, very professional. They chose us over?I think they had more than 100 people who bid, you can imagine, because of the location, but they had over 100 people that bid, and it was broken down into ten finalists, and I got it. We got it because of the strength of my financial statement and also because of the strength of what we were proposing. So we?re having a news conference there today. What time is that, Hope?

HOPE HICKS, TRUMP CAMPAIGN SPOKESPERSON: It?s at 2:15.

TRUMP: 2:15. I hear a lot of the press is going to be there, we?re going to give them a tour of the building. It?s still a little bit rough ? as an example, a lot of the marble surfaces all have sheetrock covering, and plywood covering on them, so a lot of people won?t see as much as they think. It?ll be like a miracle, you take it off and it explodes, like it?s finished, right? But that?ll be a fun news conference.

This is like listening to John Prescott after several pints of bitter.

The @Midnight (Comedy Central) Trump v. Sanders "debate" was hilarious. The guy who played Trump did a great job with the voice and delivery:

http://youtu.be/8Poi5x0E2CM
On the internet: Bernie has a modem. Trump has a Mexican guy who reads it out for him.

Hmmm....thoughts on the alleged Ted Cruz sex scandal? The national enquirer is reporting that he has had affairs with 5 women. Obviously we know the enquirer is a tabloid, but they did break the sex scandals of John Edwards and Tiger Woods....

I think there's some juice in the story.....The fallout would be epic.

MYOB. I don't give a damn who sleeps with who. What's important is how Cruz will handle these allegations.

For instance, I have no problem with WJC banging Monica; I have a huge problem with him lying under oath about it. I'd respect him if he came right out and said either a) none of your damn business, or b) yeah, I banged her; so what??

Agreed, except when it's in connection to someone that's all about family values etc. It just makes them a hypocrite

A real sex scandal may harm Cruz greatly with some of his base. They won't vote for Trump, but they might stay home.

On the internet: Bernie has a modem. Trump has a Mexican guy who reads it out for him.

"Hello, Paco!" :lol:

My question on the Cruz thing...who the hell are those 5 women willing to sleep with him (in addition to his wife)!?

Last edited:
Pass go, collect president Crump.
Nah. Washington will go Democrat pretty much no matter what. Obama won it by a 15% margin in 2012. Even Clinton should be able to scrape out a win there.

Frankly I'd rather have William Shatner for president, if I was American.
Over Trump? Yeah sure, fuck it. I don't even know his politics. I could just assume he'd be better. Though Trump is a low bar to clear.

My question on the Cruz thing...who the hell are those 5 women willing to sleep with him (in addition to his wife)!?
That's the real question. :lol:

Supposedly one is a Fiorina campaign staffer (hence a half million dollar transfer from a Cruz PAC to Fiorina's PAC) and another is that batshit crazy Trump spokeswoman. Ms. Whats-her-name Bullet Necklace.

Well see how it plays out. The Inquirer has, amazingly, called this shit in the past like Firecat said. It'd be a coffin nail in Cruz's evangelical campaign. Not his career necessarily, but it would sink his presidential bid.

Agreed.

Meanwhile in Norway, the #FeelTheBern-crowd is celebrating Alaska and Washington. They seem to believe that this proves Sanders is going to win the nomination.

(Same sort of people who was cheering Ron Paul four years ago. :lol:)

He won Hawaii too. He is only behind about 200 or so with pledged delegates. So if he continues with this momentum he can reduce that even further. It's a lot closer than the media likes to portray it. Hence they continue to include super delegates in the total to show that she's ahead by 700 delegates.

New York Times doesn't.

He won Hawaii too. He is only behind about 200 or so with pledged delegates. So if he continues with this momentum he can reduce that even further. It's a lot closer than the media likes to portray it. Hence they continue to include super delegates in the total to show that she's ahead by 700 delegates.

What bugs me about that most is that they give no context. 700, eh? Is that a lot? If it's out of 1,100 then it is a lot. If it's out of 35,000, then it isn't. I find this context missing in a frustrating majority of reporting.

What bugs me about that most is that they give no context. 700, eh? Is that a lot? If it's out of 1,100 then it is a lot. If it's out of 35,000, then it isn't. I find this context missing in a frustrating majority of reporting.

delegater1.jpg

delegater-sanders.jpg

delegater-clinton.jpg

The last two are without superdelegates.

Wow, great charts. To be clear, I actually did my own research to find out what it means, but I constantly hear (or more correctly don't hear) missing context in all sorts of stories about disease fatalities, amounts of money, etc.

Wow, great charts. To be clear, I actually did my own research to find out what it means, but I constantly hear (or more correctly don't hear) missing context in all sorts of stories about disease fatalities, amounts of money, etc.

Np. Use them a lot for work, nice way of presenting numbers, and they're not as dull and boring as the ones you get in Excel. Works well for the paper's website.

Context is always key.