2016 USA Presidential Elections

The problem is I don't think a more progress candidate could displace her within the Democratic Party. The Republican Party will only nominate someone who appeals to the Tea Party and not the national electorate. Unless Hilary joins I.S.I.S. and marries Kim Jong-un she will win.
You're probably right. But the presence of someone like Sanders in the race should help keep her from pulling the Republican-lite crap that the Clintons tend towards.

l9Fe9Vr.gif

(Just putting this here because it's fitting...)
That a nutcase like Jones can own a firearm should be all the argument needed for better gun control in this country.

At my work we still have some older (pre-Fiorina) HP test equipment (frequency counters, attenuators and the like) and it is of an almost other worldly quality. Great stuff to use as a technician. From what I understand all that ended when she came in.
I've seen comments elsewhere saying the same thing. Like it was essentially a company of nerds obsessed with quality product, they brought in Fiorina because they thought she had the marketing savvy they lacked, and then she ran the whole company into the ground.

I've seen comments elsewhere saying the same thing. Like it was essentially a company of nerds obsessed with quality product, they brought in Fiorina because they thought she had the marketing savvy they lacked, and then she ran the whole company into the ground.

We have a couple frequency counters at my job, the only one we use is a 20+ year old HP one. I have a friend who helped maintain a dozen or so old HP line printers that just kept chugging along in a very dirty factory setting.
HP used to be great, expensive but great.

HP printers are decent, the laserjets are legendary.

However you know a company still has some rebuilding to do when they foist garbage like this upon people:

Ignore the annoyingly Scotty Kilmer-esque host...but yes, that IS a non upgradable (apart from RAM) desktop computer.

Even the power supply is from a Pavillion laptop and the mobo could fit in a SFF case.

Mike Huckabee has joined the race.

He is a Baptist pastor.

Mike Huckabee Joins Republican Presidential Race

HOPE, Ark. ? Mike Huckabee, who excited evangelical voters in his first presidential race in 2008 and retains much of their good will, announced on Tuesday that he will again seek the Republican nomination, despite a crowded field of rivals for his natural base in the party.

A former Southern Baptist pastor and Arkansas governor, Mr. Huckabee is returning in hopes of once more dominating among social conservatives, but he is acutely aware he needs broader support to avoid the snares of last time, when he ran dry of money and failed to appeal much beyond the South.

After describing a childhood of school prayer, fishing for catfish and running for student council in Hope, Mr. Huckabee said, ?So it seems perfectly fitting that it would be here that I announce I am a candidate for president of the United States.?

It was no small detail that he declared his candidacy in Hope, where he was born. Its fame as the hometown of an even better-known Arkansas politician, Bill Clinton, highlights a major theme of Mr. Huckabee?s 2016 pitch ? that he is well suited to be the Republican nemesis for Hillary Rodham Clinton, if she becomes the Democratic nominee, because Mr. Huckabee spent years in state politics fighting what he calls the ?Clinton machine.?

Like Mr. Clinton, Mr. Huckabee grew up with little and casts himself as a populist champion of the working class, though with conservative solutions. He attacked trade deals that ?drive wages lower than the dead sea? and implicitly rebuked Jeb Bush for recently proposing to raise the age for collecting Social Security benefits.

On the day Mrs. Clinton entered the race last month, Mr. Huckabee tweaked her on Twitter: ?Your announcement makes me nostalgic for our days doing political battle in Arkansas.?

The biggest question in voters? minds about Mr. Huckabee, 59, who seemed to add a final punctuation mark to his political career by skipping the 2012 presidential race, may be why he has returned to the fray.

Although American politics is full of stories of the ultimate triumph of also-rans, from Richard M. Nixon to Ronald Reagan, Mr. Huckabee would seem to face greater obstacles than during his first presidential campaign, when he battled only a couple of rivals for the party?s conservative base.

Now half a dozen or more declared and likely candidates appeal to social conservatives, and Mr. Huckabee?s party has moved further rightward. He is vulnerable to criticism for positions he once held in favor of the Common Core education standards and a cap-and-trade program to fight global warming.

?It is a completely different environment than 2008, with different issues and with different candidates,? said Bob Vander Plaats, who was chairman of Mr. Huckabee?s 2008 Iowa campaign and is uncommitted this time.

Mr. Huckabee?s upset victory in the Iowa caucuses eight years ago, powered by evangelicals and home-school families, has been burnished to a political legend in the state that holds the first nominating contest. Recent polls show Iowa Republicans still put Mr. Huckabee among their top preferences, although he has been surpassed by more prominent party figures including Scott Walker and Jeb Bush.

To an unusual degree, strategists for Mr. Huckabee are counting on his likability ? a folksy charm that a national audience got to know during his six years as a Fox News host ? to break through the pack of competitors.

On Tuesday, he deployed his affability in making a series of jabs at rivals that, in the mouth of another politician, could have seemed angry. He criticized candidates who deceive taxpayers and ?live off the government payroll? while running for higher office ? an elbow aimed at most of the current Republican field. ?Have the integrity and decency to resign,? Mr. Huckabee said.

One problem for his candidacy is likely to be money. Mr. Huckabee raised just over $16 million in 2008, and despite victories in eight nominating contests saw his campaign expire for lack of funds to advertise in major states like Florida. The rules of campaign finance have changed in the new ?super PAC? era, when as few as one or two super-wealthy supporters can fund an outside, parallel campaign. But it is unclear whether Mr. Huckabee has yet attracted such support.

Unusual for an announcement speech, Mr. Huckabee?s address Tuesday included a plea for money, specifically donations of $15 or $25 a month. ?I will ask you to give something in the name of your children and grandchildren,? he said.

In recent months, Mr. Huckabee has broadened his policy focus to the threat posed by Islamic extremists, and in his announcement he criticized President Obama for putting ?more pressure on our ally Israel to cease building bedrooms for their families in Judea and Samaria than we do on Iran for building a bomb.?

He has visits planned in the coming days to Iowa and South Carolina, a two-step between early nominating states with large numbers of evangelical voters. He will spend less time courting New Hampshire?s fiscal conservatives.

Should Mr. Huckabee?s campaign survive the early states, a potential bonus awaits him on March 1, when at least five conservative Southern states ? Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee ? are maneuvering to vote the same day. He won four of the states in 2008.

Mike Huckabee has joined the race.
To literally nobody's surprise. He's just there to play a part in the theater; it makes him more relevant which bolsters his Fox News credibility for a while, and he can provide a push for the other, actual viable candidates.

If the choice was between Huckabee and a strawberry, I'd vote for the strawberry for president. Far too religious. Then again, I can't really vote anyway.

I expect Jeb Bush to win the ticket and lose the election. He has the name recognition, doesn't look to be too mad, and is complete milquetoast.

Hillary will win. Probably.

Hillary will win. Probably.

It will definitely be hers to lose, for some reason I can see her fucking it up just like Al Gore did. I'm not really excited for her as a candidate, but I'll reserve judgement until she releases a "platform" (I know it means nothing, but its better than just a face and a name).

Al Gore had the election stole from him. If all the votes in Florida were recounted, he would have won.

Al Gore had the election stole from him. If all the votes in Florida were recounted, he would have won.

Of course. However, he could have won with a much higher margin if he wanted.

"Al Gore won" is the left's own birther argument - moronic and completely irrelevant at this point.
With the difference that it's true!

The votes in Florida DID give Gore a majority in that state, and he WOULD have won if they were counted. Al Gore won Florida in 2000, and it was stolen from him.

Comparing it to birtherism is moronic.

No. It isn't true. It's the left's own little whiny conspiracy. Best of all, IT DOESN'T MATTER. It was fifteen damn years ago and Bush has been out of the picture for a good seven. Thankfully the twatwaffle Al Gore hasn't been around much either. Seriously, this is as bad as the other side of the spectrum still yelling that Obama is Kenyan and shouldn't have been elected.

I expect Jeb Bush to win the ticket and lose the election. He has the name recognition, doesn't look to be too mad, and is complete milquetoast.
Considering that Jeb says his go to foreign policy advisor is his brother, yeah, ain't no fucking way he's winning the general.

IT DOESN'T MATTER.
Those of us smart enough to realize what a complete fucking disaster Dubya's presidency was would disagree.

No. It isn't true. It's the left's own little whiny conspiracy. Best of all, IT DOESN'T MATTER. It was fifteen damn years ago and Bush has been out of the picture for a good seven. Thankfully the twatwaffle Al Gore hasn't been around much either. Seriously, this is as bad as the other side of the spectrum still yelling that Obama is Kenyan and shouldn't have been elected.
Who's talking about turning back history? And yes, it is true. It's not a conspiracy, it really happened. Gore had more votes, not just nationally, but in Florida. He should have won. And while we can't turn back time, we should be honest about the fact that Al Gore did win the 2000 presidential election. Except the USSC decided to stop counting the bloody votes.

The popular vote was very very close with several counts coming to different conclusions and guess what - the popular vote is not what decides the winner; that would be the electoral college, which gave all 25 votes to Bush, a move that the highest court in the nation approved. I thought liberals liked sticking to the law?