2016 USA Presidential Elections

Trump makes the impression on me that he thinks he has easy answers to all problems, emphasis on thinks...

And it seems he really believes it. There is no indication that it is just a part of his campaign. He really seems to believe the bullshit that comes from his mouth. And that is why I consider him dangerous.

U.S. Politics are already worrying with intelligent people at the helm. We don't need the most powerful country in the world run by a character from a Mel Brooks movie...

He isn't that smart.

And Kanye has announced he is running for president... in 2020. Damn, now we have 5 year election cycles.

I was once a Republican, then a Libertarian, and then became a Social Democrat. That didn't happen because of name calling, it happened because of critical thought.

I was practically raised on Fox News until about age sixteen, then I started paying attention to what they actually say and it turned me into a liberal.

It was my right wing racist co-workers who got me thinking. I have flitted between right and left most of my life, but I am happier with myself by declaring my self a leftist.

Still don't like Teamsters, though.

Last edited:
Did he build an empire from nothing? Fuck no. Is he intelligent in his line of business, the evidence says yes.
Yeah he obviously knows how to make money on real estate. Knows how to twist that whole system, even bankruptcy, for financial gain.

I'd hardly consider that kind of businessman a role model. Though I've got a higher opinion of him than Romney. That man was a goddamned vulture.

Trump always makes me think of something my dad told me when I was little, a variation on someone else's quote, "When you owe a bank 30 grand, the bank owns you. When you owe a bank 30 million, you own the bank."

I give Trump credit for being a manipulator and shrewd businessman, nothing other than that.
Shit I'd absolutely give him credit for being a shrewd politician as well. Being a manipulator is part of that. I suppose being a billionaire is worth something in right wing circles too.

Anyway, he knows how to play the right-wing base like a fucking fiddle. You can't deny him that. He's their ideal candidate.

I only give him credit for flagrantly wearing a hairpiece everyone can identify as such.
Oh it's not a hairpiece. Its the most elaborate comb-over ever. Shit's majestic.

Yeah he obviously knows how to make money on real estate. Knows how to twist that whole system, even bankruptcy, for financial gain.

I'd hardly consider that kind of businessman a role model. Though I've got a higher opinion of him than Romney. That man was a goddamned vulture.

Trump always makes me think of something my dad told me when I was little, a variation on someone else's quote, "When you owe a bank 30 grand, the bank owns you. When you owe a bank 30 million, you own the bank."

I wouldn't call Trump a role model, but that doesn't discount his achievements.

I've heard that quote before, its pretty spot on in regards to macro economics. Although I think it needs to be adjusted for modernity:

"When you owe a bank 30 grand, the bank owns you. When you owe a bank 30 million, the bank owns the government."

Oh it's not a hairpiece. Its the most elaborate comb-over ever. Shit's majestic.

I think The Daily Mail, or another of UK rag, posted someone's dissertation on the topic. It is a living world wonder.

"When you owe a bank 30 grand, the bank owns you. When you owe a bank 30 million, the bank owns the government."
Depressingly true.

argatoga said:
I think The Daily Mail, or another of UK rag, posted someone's dissertation on the topic. It is a living world wonder.
Shit I'm looking that up when I get home.

Shit I'm looking that up when I get home.

There is quite a lot of hyperbole on my part there. Sadly, no one has had the academic courage for it. :p

Source: Trump likely to rule out independent bid

Washington (CNN)?Donald Trump will meet with Republican National Commitee chairman Reince Priebus Thursday in New York City, one day after party officials began circulating a loyalty pledge that looked squarely aimed at the Republican front-runner.

Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks confirmed the meeting to CNN. Trump also announced that he will have a 2 p.m. news conference at Trump Towers Thursday.

According to sources familiar with the discussions, all signs indicate that Trump will sign a pledge to support the Republican nominee if he loses, and not run as an independent.

However, sources caution that until the meeting happens, no one can be sure exactly what the outcome will be, since Trump is his own adviser and has a history of being unpredictable.

The question of whether Trump might launch an independent candidacy has loomed over his campaign. At last month's GOP debate, Trump was the only candidate to raise his hand when asked whether they might not support the eventual nominee or be unwilling to rule out a third party bid. Trump has said he wants to win the White House as a Republican, but has previously declined to pledge to run only as a member of the GOP. A third party candidacy by Trump could sink any chance for a Republican to win the White House against Democrats in 2016.

The RNC had in recent days quietly circulated a loyalty pledge to the Republican presidential candidates, requesting they affirm their allegiance to the party.

The pledge was likely aimed at pressuring Trump, who has so far refused to rule out a third-party bid if he does not win the Republican nomination.

A copy of the pledge, obtained by CNN Wednesday, states "I, _______, affirm that if I do not win the 2016 Republican nomination for President of the United States I will endorse the 2016 Republican presidential nominee, regardless of who it is."

It continues: "I further pledge that I will not seek to run as an independent or write-in candidate nor will I seek to accept the nomination for president of any other party."

The RNC declined comment Wednesday.

I'm guessing Trump is using this for leverage against the established party leaders who hate him. This is part of the reason, I suspect, he didn't take the oath at the debate. The others being it created media attention, gave the impression of dominance, and was fucking idiotic not to do as it gave the opportunity to talk first in the over crowded debate.

Really? But this is now 2015, and he just announced that he is running, that means it will be a five year cycle.

I get that the elections are in 2016 and 2020, but Kanye announced that he is running in 2020 this year, 2015. Since he announced this year, 2015, and the election he is running in is not until 2020, how many years is that?

Correct me if I am wrong here, but that would be 5 years.

First off, my first post that talked of the Kanye announcement was mostly made in jest, because Kanye.

Have the two of you never heard how the press talks about the election cycle getting longer? The reason is that there is a tendency for the candidates to announce earlier and earlier with each election.

I'm running for president in 2028. My slogan: "CraigB for prez, fuck you all!" I think it'll work!
I'm voting for this guy. I like him!

I'm running for president in 2028. My slogan: "CraigB for prez, fuck you all!" I think it'll work!

I think the last part is what Trump's people talked him out of using. :dunno: :p