2016 USA Presidential Elections

:roflmao:

There really is no end to the level of incompetence shown by the Trump family. Great job copy/pasta'ing a speech! You guys are so fucked if he gets elected.

Especially if they also copy and paste Obama's policies. You'd think they would steer clear of anything related to this administration.

It's a bit unfortunate that with all the crap from yesterday from prominent politicians like Giuliani and Steve King, plus a whole lot of other crazy comments that the focus is on Melania and her speech plus her college credentials.

The accusations of plagiarism, which is pretty clear, are amusing to me. Couldn't care less about whether or not she graduated from college. It's such a small lie if not true.....it's not like she built a career on a fake degree. So kind of feel bad that she's being torn apart in the press.

There really is no end to the level of incompetence shown by the Trump family. Great job copy/pasta'ing a speech! You guys are so fucked if he gets elected.

I don't see it as an issue. If Trump himself does it there are problems, but a bullshit speech from a nominee's spouse is inconsequential.

We're fucked either way.

It's amusing that now suddenly Hillary voters care about ethics.

That's a misleading statement. You are accusing them of not caring about ethics because of the email mishandling incident. First, ethics can't be reduced to just this one single example. Second, you wrongfully assume that they approve or don't care about how she handled her emails. I've met Clinton supports who are highly critical of the particular situation, but are also capable of seeing the larger picture and the fact that Clinton is the more ethical, more capable, and better qualified candidate.

Really, the criticisms of Clinton all revolve around the email gaffe, which I was not happy about, but at this point has become like beating a dead horse. With Trump, on the other hand, a new gaffe occurs every 3 days, and with each new one I wonder how low can he go?

The latest - both Sony and the band Queen issued statements that Trump was not authorized and did not pay for the use of "We Are The Champions." Trivial as that may be, it shows how he plans to win, and how he stays rich - by simply not paying his bills, and doing whatever the hell he wants. Economic rules and regulations are for other countries, like China...who cheat I tells ya, but those rules don't apply to the U.S. because we are the ones who print the money (Trump actually said this about printing more money if we run out).

Hillary made a mistake with handling classified information - that's undisputed. But I refuse to slam her entire ethics system based on this one mistake. Trump shows continuous and blatant disregard for ethics, rules, and norms.

The latest - both Sony and the band Queen issued statements that Trump was not authorized and did not pay for the use of "We Are The Champions." Trivial as that may be, it shows how he plans to win, and how he stays rich - by simply not paying his bills, and doing whatever the hell he wants. Economic rules and regulations are for other countries, like China...who cheat I tells ya, but those rules don't apply to the U.S. because we are the ones who print the money (Trump actually said this about printing more money if we run out).

That's not trivial at all! You can get sued to oblivion for distributing an mp3 to a couple of people but how many million people saw that broadcast (at the time of the broadcast and whenever it will be repeated in the future)?

Im a Queen fan and wouldn't mind finding out Trump had to pay around 4 trillion dollars for the rights to We are the champions.

hqdefault.jpg

Balance the fucking budget!

Last edited:
That's a misleading statement. You are accusing them of not caring about ethics because of the email mishandling incident. First, ethics can't be reduced to just this one single example. Second, you wrongfully assume that they approve or don't care about how she handled her emails. I've met Clinton supports who are highly critical of the particular situation, but are also capable of seeing the larger picture and the fact that Clinton is the more ethical, more capable, and better qualified candidate.

Really, the criticisms of Clinton all revolve around the email gaffe, which I was not happy about, but at this point has become like beating a dead horse. With Trump, on the other hand, a new gaffe occurs every 3 days, and with each new one I wonder how low can he go?

Hillary made a mistake with handling classified information - that's undisputed. But I refuse to slam her entire ethics system based on this one mistake. Trump shows continuous and blatant disregard for ethics, rules, and norms.
You are clinically insane if you think that the email scandal is a silly little mistake. You are choosing to not care about the knowing mishandling of Top Secret information and perjury simply because you have a boner for Killary. I'm not a Trump fan by any means but WGAF about Melania's damn speech, honestly?

In his speech, Ben Carson tied Hillary to Lucifer (the dark lord himself)....I'm so done lol

Finally an upside to a Trump presidency. Chris Christie as AG will put her on trial :)

Last edited:
You are clinically insane if you think that the email scandal is a silly little mistake. You are choosing to not care about the knowing mishandling of Top Secret information and perjury simply because you have a boner for Killary. I'm not a Trump fan by any means but WGAF about Melania's damn speech, honestly?

Can you, for once, make your arguments without resorting to personal insults (today you also inferred in the other thread that ahdapt was daft), nicknames, and the F-word?

And if your response is that I'm just being a "leftie PC person" you will just be proving my point. This isn't about political correctness, this is about having a reasoned and polite discussion, which you repeatedly refuse to have by personally attacking people just because their opinion is different than yours. Even if we are wrong, you don't have to sound so condescending all the time.

We know you are not here to make friends, but why do you keep antagonizing people and entrench the political divide?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36851979
Texas Senator Ted Cruz was booed as he failed to endorse Donald Trump as the US Republican nominee, during a speech at the party convention in Cleveland.
[...]
Mr Cruz only went as far as congratulating the man who had been his bitter rival in the primary contests.
Angry chants of "We want Trump!" and "Endorse Trump!" grew louder as the senator came to the end of his speech.
[...]
In his speech, Mr Cruz told supporters to "vote [with] their conscience" and not to stay at home for the general election.
He finished second to Mr Trump in the delegate count during a campaign that featured personal attacks by the New York businessman on Mr Cruz's wife and father.
The boos that drowned him out stopped when Mr Trump entered the convention hall before Mr Cruz had finished speaking.
[...]
Mr Trump later said he knew Mr Cruz would not endorse him but had let him speak anyway.

rovlta9.jpg

Oh boy.

On a more serious note, what I read and have seen on Tv from the convention so far is pretty disappointing. The republican "heavyweights" seem to boil down their message to "voting Hillary would mean 4 more years of Obama" - a very stupid way to put it. Sure republicans especially on the more conservative side really dislike Obama - but within the general public, Obama has quite high approval ratings and is quite a popular President in general. Linking Clinton to Obama this much, is pretty much the worst thing they can do at this point. Clinton wishes she?d scored as well with the general public as Obama does and when the Republicans say that she?d just continue his work - they are doing Clinton's Job convincing the people for her.

On a more serious note, what I read and have seen on Tv from the convention so far is pretty disappointing. The republican "heavyweights" seem to boil down their message to "voting Hillary would mean 4 more years of Obama" - a very stupid way to put it. Sure republicans especially on the more conservative side really dislike Obama - but within the general public, Obama has quite high approval ratings and is quite a popular President in general. Linking Clinton to Obama this much, is pretty much the worst thing they can do at this point. Clinton wishes she?d scored as well with the general public as Obama does and when the Republicans say that she?d just continue his work - they are doing Clinton's Job convincing the people for her.

I don't think either side is trying to pick up votes with these conventions. They're all about preaching to the choir.

So this happened at the convention last night. I guess I should have watched it a bit longer to see the end of her speech.

That's hillarious. She's not a nazi of course and I think it was unintentional and she definitely caught it once she did it and tried to correct it by turning it into an awkward wave followed by a finger point

And if your response is that I'm just being a "leftie PC person" you will just be proving my point. This isn't about political correctness, this is about having a reasoned and polite discussion, which you repeatedly refuse to have by personally attacking people just because their opinion is different than yours. Even if we are wrong, you don't have to sound so condescending all the time.

What do you mean we're not all uneducated (particularly at academic level), moronic, far-left communists, with pictures of Hillary above our bed? :(

In other news, according to Republicans, coal is a clean source of energy. :lmao:

Last edited:
...but within the general public, Obama has quite high approval ratings and is quite a popular President in general.

I don't follow approval ratings closely, but hasn't he spent most of his presidency with approval ratings in the 40s? If that qualifies as high, then that is pretty sad.