2016 USA Presidential Elections

So he picked Priebus over Bannon....first good sign. Fingers crossed for the other positions.

How can you "drain the swamp" when your a good chunk of your team is responsible for making it so fetid in the first place?

How can you "drain the swamp" when your a good chunk of your team is responsible for making it so fetid in the first place?
I'm not opposed to Trump picking some politicians - unlike him, they know how the whole "politics" thing works. Hasn't not knowing that been one of his biggest criticisms?

And the praise if I'm not mistaken.

Obama choose Rahm Emanuel (an insider) as his first chief of staff as well, the President needs someone who can work in the system.

I'm not opposed to Trump picking some politicians - unlike him, they know how the whole "politics" thing works. Hasn't not knowing that been one of his biggest criticisms?

Yeah, and the ancillary concern to that criticism is that he'd stuff government with people who are more interested in dismantling regulations that get in their personal way once they leave office than giving a thought to the state of America. It's why I view with great suspicion some of his picks and rumored picks like Verizon lobbyist Eisenach and Goldman Sachs alum Mnuchin. You may argue they would know better than some elected rep who is outside the industry how best to fix it, I would argue they know exactly how to rig it in their favor. Like how Meredith Baker approved the NBC/Comcast merger while she had the power at the FCC, then resigned and took up a position with the new company.

It happens to various degrees in every administration, but the rumored list of picks for Trump isn't giving me much to hope for.

So... what do we have after 6 days of Drumpf?

Getting rid of Obamacare? Yeah, a little but not all of it.

Building a wall on the border to Mexico? Yeah but in some places a fence might be enough, too.

Bringing Hillary Clinton to justice after the election? Yeah well, need to think about that again.

Getting rid of all 11 million illegal immigrants? Yeah well, maybe 3 million but only the criminal ones.

Putting a bazillion dollars into repairing the infrastructure? Yeah well... problem is the U.S. needs 221,000 additional construction workers first.

I wonder how long it takes for the Trump fans to realize that he might have exaggerated a bit in his campaign? :think:

Last edited:

Building a wall on the border to Mexico? Yeah but in some places a fence might be enough, too.

Bringing Hillary Clinton to justice after the election? Yeah well, need to think about that again.

Getting rid of all 11 million illegal immigrants? Yeah well, maybe 3 million but only the criminal ones.

Putting a bazillion dollars into repairing the infrastructure? Yeah well... problem is the U.S. needs 221,000 additional construction workers first.

I wonder how long it takes for the Trump fans to realize that he might have exaggerated a bit in his campaign? :think:

Or that he never was a Conservative. He was a life long Democrat who only became a Republican a couple years before running for Office.

Or that he never was a Conservative. He was a life long Democrat who only became a Republican a couple years before running for Office.

Trump is neither a Democrat nor a Conservative, he is a narcissistic egomaniac who would say and do whatever it takes to be successful, accepted, loved and held in high consideration.

To understand what Trump likes or not, don't look at what he accepts or endorses, thats when he tries to appeal to people; look at what he hates or despises. That's when he expresses himself.

Trump is neither a Democrat nor a Conservative, he is a narcissistic egomaniac who would say and do whatever it takes to be successful, accepted, loved and held in high consideration.
No, not really. He's smart enough to realize that it's impossible for the reform party to win an election.

I think he knew full well the amount of bullshit he was spewing out during the campaign, catering to the repressed angry feelings of the mob, not a real plan for his actual presidency. Then you give the mob something entertaining like free Football and cookies and they forget about your campaign promises soon enough, all the while you and your cronies get filthy fucking rich, a very polarized, small yet loud bunch of supporters do your bidding without question and get violent on those who don't. Populism 101.

Last edited:
...all the while you and your cronies get filthy fucking rich...
He's already filthy fucking rich and decided not to draw a salary while in office. The Obamas and especially the Clintons, on the other hand, made their dough in office.

He's already filthy fucking rich and decided not to draw a salary while in office. The Obamas and especially the Clintons, on the other hand, made their dough in office.

You mean that whole deal he got confused about when being told giving your finances to your son is not a Blind trust? There's more than a way of getting filthy rich when in office, salary the least of it. If you have businesses it's a complete conflict of interests. You're playing the game and making the rules for it at the same time.

No, not really. He's smart enough to realize that it's impossible for the reform party to win an election.

Trump doesn't think in terms of political parties. If what he needs to get successful was to praise the great pumpkin, he would.

Trump doesn't think in terms of political parties. If what he needs to get successful was to praise the great pumpkin, he would.
That's the point - he believes that HE can make America great again, not that any particular party can. He had to run as dem or rep in order to have a shot but other than that he doesn't follow party lines.

That's the point - he believes that HE can make America great again, not that any particular party can. He had to run as dem or rep in order to have a shot but other than that he doesn't follow party lines.

He doesn't follow any lines. He wants to be praised, if that means to make America Great Again, so be it. But that's not the priority. If he had to choose between himself and America, he would choose himself. Every single time. If that meant America isn't to be great again, so be it.

At the moment, the foreseeable future is that he isn't able to make America Great Again, exactly as Berlusconi wasn't able to provide 1 million new jobs for Italy 22 years ago.

I don't rule out the possibility of him unexpectedly making some magic tricks, but considering what I've seen up to now, I maintain he's not able to.

EDIT

Oh, BTW, guess who already made something similar toi the Contract with the American Voter, and then signed it? You guessed correctly, Berlusconi in 2001.

Last edited:

Which is why he's going to be history once the situation arises for the republicans (more scandals, court-verdicts, fuck-up in office) and you'll have President Pence for the remaining time of his term. The people of the swamp won't take their eviction notices without a fight ...
They just need a big enough public outcry on the right and they will have their mutiny. Dems will be very happy to play along with that ...

So Trump making it to 4 years and clearing out the swamp largely bigly depends on him not fucking up. What's the counter now? 4 weeks without a fuck-up? Where can I place a bet?

He doesn't follow any lines. He wants to be praised, if that means to make America Great Again, so be it. But that's not the priority. If he had to choose between himself and America, he would choose himself. Every single time. If that meant America isn't to be great again, so be it.
Yeah, he gave up the billionaire lifestyle and chose to be mocked and ridiculed worldwide because "he wants to be praised". And please stop talking about Berlusconi - I really don't care about him (or, quite frankly, Italian politics in general).

Yeah, he gave up the billionaire lifestyle and chose to be mocked and ridiculed worldwide because "he wants to be praised".

...or he had something to hide... like... no, I won't say it... :-D

Really, that's what Trump is, don't be fooled, he's a nrcissistic egomaniac. Beware.

And please stop talking about Berlusconi - I really don't care about him (or, quite frankly, Italian politics in general).

Of course, that's why you won't understand Trump now, because you refuse to look at other Trumps happened elsewhere. Are you sure you aren't just looking at your belly-button, by any chance?