2017 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Kiskaloo

97fd0714-f8a6-447f-91d1-082ee04a0a68

FP1 favored Vettel over Hamilton and Verstappen, whereas Hamilton led over Vettel and Ricciardo in FP2 (and a new Track Record by Hamilton). So qualifying could be interesting.

And Hamilton still has his fresh engine from Mercedes so I can only assume he's got the advantage.

Yeah Bottas took pole but I expect Lewis will take him at the start and motor off to the win.

While I guess Renault deserved better than its current position, I really hope TR can keep them behind...but I think it'll be difficult!

Franz Tost looks like a much nicer guy than abiteboul, who, if you ask me, probably is an utter asshole

Last edited:
Well I "enjoyed" myself during that race, there wasn't any battles I was invested in but Kimi retained 4th in the championship which is what I had hoped for and Bottas won like he said he would.

Rather uneventful race. The Ferrari's were no where, Verstappen couldn't do anything, Ricciardo retired, Lewis only made a couple attempts to get close to Bottas... still, glad to see Valtteri get another win and end his season on a high note.

I was actually a bit sad to see NBCSN sign off for the last time, with F1 coverage moving to ESPN starting next year. I do hope those NBC guys make a return someday.

I was actually a bit sad to see NBCSN sign off for the last time, with F1 coverage moving to ESPN starting next year. I do hope those NBC guys make a return someday.

I don't watch the Pre-Pre Race Show (so I come in at 30 minutes to Start) and was wondering what Hobbes was on about.

I think NBCSN has done a great job since taking over from Speedvision / FOX Sports so quite disappointed that ESPN is just going to carry the World Feed with no "local" commentators as back in the day (early 1990s) they used to send Hobbes and Varsha to all the races (when F1 went to ESPN2 they pulled them back to a US studio (while trying for a time to maintain the illusion they were still at the track).