2017 Canadian Grand Prix

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
The Formula 1 YouTube channel is putting up some nice little snippets and clips before the races, if you haven't I suggest you go check it out.

19029577_1704920056204278_2129143608994972589_n.jpg

Last edited:
2013? ;)

That poster though, autumn colored leafs, snow and snow covered moutain peaks, very representative of the scenery this weekend :lol:

montreal_2934385b.jpg

I'm sure the falling leaf is just an excuse to show the maple leaf, the symbol in the middle of the canadian flag. That photo is looking pretty orange though. Lots of people for just practice sessions!

The photo I posted is just one of the first GIS results for Montreal F1 scenery, most likely from a previous year.

And I do understand the reasoning behind the promo poster, I just find it a bit clich? and not representative (the city backdrop is one of the features of the track, why put mountains from the other side of continent?).

The photo I posted is just one of the first GIS results for Montreal F1 scenery, most likely from a previous year.

And I do understand the reasoning behind the promo poster, I just find it a bit clich? and not representative (the city backdrop is one of the features of the track, why put mountains from the other side of continent?).

Jesus dude it's supposed to be cool looking and like a work of art, not something exactly like the place.

Sebastian put himself on the front row but Mercedes have shown you can't underestimate what they are capable of in Q3 with Lewis giving a 1.11.459.

Pretty mixed up at the top, again, the race should be pretty interesting to watch. That short run to turn 1 is gonna be tricky.

bummer Vettel couldn't get pole. Hopefully, he'll put Hamilton in his rear view mirrors.

SITREP for Ferrari so far... not good. Only non-retired cars to have lost positions.

tnZHNKD.png

Raikkonen has brake problems but Sebastian is finally taking it to the Force Indias.

Well that was a really good recovery drive from Vettel, Kimi was no where for most of the race and in the end brake problems fixed him in position.

Last edited:
Fuckin' Verstappen.

That banzai lunge in the first corner... fucked up the whole race for Vettel, and what a damage control drive, driver of the day for me. Tough luck for Raikkonen, but up until his brake failure, he was having a less than mediocre race.

Perez is being little twat lately with all his team radio whining, and they're saying Ferrari has an eye on him? Please, no.

Good job by Stroll to finally get some points. Might lift his confidence, and get him up there in the fight.

Alonso and another Honda blow up, it's just a joke by now, but the guy is a legend, the way he went to meet the fans instead of going back to the pits in a scooter...

All in all, good race at the end, disappointing result for Ferrari but everything still wide open for the championship.

You've gotta wonder what Honda are thinking down there, I guess their too proud to look for outside help to figure out what they're doing. He was in the points too if I remember correctly which shouldn't be an accomplishment for McLaren.

That banzai lunge in the first corner... fucked up the whole race for Vettel, and what a damage control drive, driver of the day for me. Tough luck for Raikkonen, but up until his brake failure, he was having a less than mediocre race.

Perez is being little twat lately with all his team radio whining, and they're saying Ferrari has an eye on him? Please, no.

Vettel is DOTD for me because of that.

I really hope Perez doesn't go to Ferrari. Honestly, I wonder if Ferrai would consider Alonso again and force Raikkonen into early retirement for next season.

Vettel is DOTD for me because of that.

I really hope Perez doesn't go to Ferrari. Honestly, I wonder if Ferrai would consider Alonso again and force Raikkonen into early retirement for next season.

Into re-retiring*