Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
4ihyy6xbm37z.jpg

2017-new-ford-fiesta.jpg

30adc68bf1025889d85b777a070b89e4_XL.jpg

30adc68bf1025889d85b777a070b89e4_2_XL.jpg

2017-new-ford-fiesta.jpg

2017-new-ford-fiesta.jpg

2017-new-ford-fiesta.jpg

I'll have one. Not a fan of the trend of just gluing a tablet to the dash like that, but it's the direction everyone is going these days. I love the funky seats and how happy it looks.

The front end styling and the interior look great. The rear end is extremely generic though. The taillights could have been lifted from a dozen different cars and crossovers.

The anonymous taillights are really my only complaint. I even like the different front ends.

Nice to see that the cluster info screen isn't that casio calculator style like before.

They talk a big game about it's driving dynamics:

Jalopnik said:
The good news is that chief program engineer Glen Goold says the new car, which is built on a fine-tuned version of the excellent old global B-car platform that underpins the current car, is more responsive, smoother, has more grip and is ?cleaner to drive? than the outgoing model. It also offers rear disc brakes, which Goold says can bring the car to a stop within a meter of a Porsche 997.

He concludes, saying: ?Without question, this is the most fun to drive small car in the world.? Hopefully he?s right, and Ford hasn?t messed up what is already a solid little driver?s car.

Good stuff.

Not a fan of the new front for the Fiesta (or Focus). Everything else looks great.

Not a fan of those screens either, but I suppose for something that size the only alternative is a big barnacle on the dash. Rear end is disappointing, the current design is unique but this is pretty generic.

Not revolutionary, but certainly better looking than the current one with its weird fish mouth. And the interior looks far more cohesive/less weird.

The ST looks mighty tasty.

I never knew that baby poo could be shiny.

[...]
Good stuff.

They usually only do 1 Facelift per Model, not two ...

/gone before anyone mentions how porsche has only been doing facelifts with the 911 since the 1950ies ...

Anyways - I always liked the current Fiesta and it's not a bad car. It's just a slight worry that Ford doesn't seem to be putting in a lot of effort into what is essentially a 10 year old car now to sell it off as new. You don't have to change a winning formula - but if you change too little, the competition will sail past them.