2017 Ford Raptor

PelicanHazard

Car(s)
'13 Dart, '03 Ranger, '20 390 Duke, '22 K16GTL
eao8jrttcmrg6zsglllb.jpg

by2xzxndhmwm0biip9kk.jpg

fcegr5anzfhhqe8nbhjb.jpg

DigitalTrends said:
Improvements on the next generation Raptor start with a new purpose-built frame. It?s the strongest one in the F-150 lineup, containing more high-strength steel than the last gen, and wears a military-grade aluminum alloy exterior. The high-strength alloy saves 500 pounds from the truck?s weight and is inspired from Baja off-road racers.

Ford says the Raptor is smarter, and what it means by that is the technology that goes into its powerplant, eschewing the 6.2-liter V8 for a new 3.5-liter Ecoboost V6, that?s expected to produce more power than the 411-horsepower of the outgoing engine, while increasing fuel efficiency as well. This new engine will be mated with a new 10-speed transmission to take that efficiency even further.

The mini monster truck also gets a new four-wheel-drive, torque-on-demand transfer case, with a new version of off-road mode driver-assist technology that?s easier to interface with, now called the Terrain Management System. Drivers can now easily dial in different modes from normal street driving, to weather mode, and even a ?Baja? and ?Rock? mode for either high speed desert driving or slow, methodic rock crawling.

The underpinnings feature new FOX Racing Shox, which have grown to three inches in diameter to improve performance, featuring more travel than the current 11.2 inches in the front and 12 in the rear that the current Raptor allows. The new truck sits on 17-inch wheels and is six inches wider than a conventional F-150.

Those looking to blaze a new trail can do so this fall when the new Ford F-150 Raptor migrates onto dealer lots.

It's a co-developed tranny, designed in partnership with GM.

Yep.

So the car will be idling in 10th gear at 65mph on US highways? :?

they should've mirrored the text in the grill, so you can read it in the rearview mirror

I can't think of a realistic situation in which I could ever need this. But boy, do I want one!:wub:

The Ford Fiso is a great truck. This should be awesome.

The Ford what truck? I've never seen 150 written as iso :???:

Without the blue oval badge how will people know who makes this truck?

The Ford what truck? I've never seen 150 written as iso :???:

It was a reference to a joke I heard someplace. Something like this:

I was working on the service desk at our local Ford dealership when a young blond-haired girl walked in and reported that she was here to drop off her boyfriend's Ford Fiso truck for service. At the time, we were also servicing Mitsubishi Fuso trucks, so I asked her if that was the kind of truck she was talking about.

"No," she said, it was definitely a Ford Fiso truck. I said I'd worked for Ford for 17 years and had never heard of a Ford Fiso truck.

Now she was obviously getting irritated that I was insulting her intelligence, and she told me matter-of-factly that she personally had seen thousands of Ford Fiso trucks all over the place and invited me out to the parking lot so she could show me a Fiso truck. She marched me to the truck and exclaimed, "See, I told you so!" as she pointed to the emblem on the front fender that read "F-150."

For my cousin, it was his customer's Goooo-lee. (6000 LE). The "SE" was written as "6000 S/E". The LE was written more like "GOOO?LE"

24680120_AX.JPG

15205220_AX.JPG

Last edited:
plenty of people drive a toyota RAVA!

So, am I the only one worried about a turbocharged V6 with a 10-speed transmission? The whole point of a V8 in a truck is the torque, with this configuration, I think it will be constantly searching around for the right gear.

So, am I the only one worried about a turbocharged V6 with a 10-speed transmission? The whole point of a V8 in a truck is the torque, with this configuration, I think it will be constantly searching around for the right gear.

The EcoBoost has way more torque than any 3.5 has the right to have. The regular gas tune in the normal F150s yields 420 torques. The new Navigator has a premium gas tune that churns out 460. The old 6.2 V8 only makes 434 torque at 4,500RPM. The regular gas tune EcoBoost makes that 420 at 2,500RPM.

I was somewhat skeptical but now that I've owned one for 6 months, I have yet to tire of feeling that swell of power from less than 2,000rpm. It won't matter what gear it's in, it'll just pull like crazy. It definitely lacks the soundtrack of a V8, but the power is in no way lacking.