2017 Formula 1 Season Thread

Hoping someone will actually be able to challenge Mercedes this season. It looks like Ferrari could be on to something https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/2017-preseason-analysis/

But then again, Mercedes could still have an extra "power" button they can just press and leave everyone in the dust again...

I have been hopelessly optimistic and put ?15 on Vettel winning the drivers championship (5:1 odds):p

Hehe, I refuse to get on the Ferrari hype train. I'm expecting it to be 3rd best car. If they do better, I'll be delighted. Win win.

Hehe, I refuse to get on the Ferrari hype train. I'm expecting it to be 3rd best car. If they do better, I'll be delighted. Win win.

:thumbsup:

how the technical information related tires is communicated to the teams
17342632_1877953215795416_4602904550343496804_n.jpg

i'm starting to get exited!!!
only 3 more days :)

Too little overtaking, too much overtaking, artificial, natural... it's like trying to please Greeks and Trojans and it's impossible.

I get what you're saying, but then again I've never heard anyone complain about there being too much overtaking!

I was thinking the same. Who objects to more natural overtaking?

Ah, there's the issue. Who exactly said more natural overtaking? There have been plenty of complains about too much overtaking thanks to DRS and formerly KERS.

a shame about malaysia, i realy liked that track

i still see perez in his sauber, chasing down alonso in his ferrari, that was such an awesome race!!

Alonso to miss the Monaco GP because he'll be taking part in the indy500!

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/ins...00-with-mcLaren-honda-and-andretti-autosport/

my first reaction was "april fools!", but that article is posted april 12th?
and plenty of results on google, so i guess it's legitimate? (and i just noticed it's an article posted on mclaren.com, so it must be true!)

kind of excited by this :D
but after 3 years of follwing indy, and giving up on it this year (realy can't stand the commercials every 10 mins!), this happens :mad:

Last edited:
I think it is a good call. Andretti Motorsports won the 500 last year with Rossi so he has a better shot at winning the 500 for the first time than Monaco again. :)

If anyone can complete the triple crown in this day and age, I think it's Alonso.

Two things to note here:

1. With the change of management, Formula 1 now has an actual YouTube channel where they post relevant shit. Not sure how they handle copyrighted stuff being posted, but it's a major improvement.

2. Is Mercedes going so far as to shape their little windscreen thing into teeth-like shape to direct airflow? Are any other teams doing this?