2017 Formula One silly season thread

w895rw827nky.jpg

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/5yol69/a_comic_to_illustrate_the_current_honda_situation/

remember how FI had the most boring livery of all new cars?
well, it's gone...and now pink!

f1-sahara-force-india-f1-vjm10-launch-2017-sahara-force-india-vjm10-with-bwt.jpg

That Force India...guys, Mardi Gras ended over a week ago.

Evidently this BWT sponsorship brings some decent coin - at least for that part of the grid - and considering how well FI has done in the past with their cash, if the kitty is a fair bit bigger now, we might see some real good things from them.

So force india is about to change its name to "Force 1"
...which abbreviates to...F1

not sure how the FIA will react to this :|

They could use the roman numeral, I, that way itd be FI, less confusing as Force India is already FI...

They want keep part of the original name for recognition, but want to get rid of the India part because a) India isn't cooperating at all and b) it will make it easier to get international sponsors

Which makes sense...

Because lawsuit from George Lucas... or Disney nowadays.

Now this is Pod racing!

They want keep part of the original name for recognition...

They also need it to keep their payouts from the previous season, do they not? I seem to recall a clause in the Concorde Agreement that if a team changes their name, they forfeit the monies they would have earned from their finish under their previous name in the previous year's Constructor's Championship.

Max's official fanclub is reporting red bull had it with sainz' moaning and has been shown the door. He most likely won't be in the car in Hungary...

^weird, I can totally understand his moaning... he's been there for 4 years in a team which is basically only there to get you ready to join the big boys at Red Bull.
He has been punted off by Kvyat twice now, both times Kvyat's fault, and guess who already has a contract for 2018? Yes, the Russian...

I heard he's looking at Renault for a drive (since they'll probably lose Palmer anyways...) which could make sense.