Unveiled: 2017 Land Rover Discovery

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
rdTnr9U.jpg

More to come...

So they took their second most iconic vehicle and turned it into a generic crossover-looking blob.

Sorry, Land Rover, but I don't see any heritage or lineage behind that styling. It could be a BMW, Audi, or Scion just by changing the badge.

Damn, that's a lotta ugly.

Yeah they've lost the plot with that. I've come to like the Disco Sport in its own way but to ruin the daddy Disco is something else. It's still supposed to be an off road car, so why does it have giant intakes to suck in water and ruin who knows what?

I'll reserve judgment on whether or not they've completely lost it until they reveal the Defender replacement or redesign the Range Rover in to a generic jellymould too.

Great. They gave it a massive chin and turned the Disco into Peter Griffin.

It looks like it's been given a few cortisone shots too many.

It looks like a Freelander with ass cancer.

I understand changing with the times, but this is just too much. Bring the boxy Disco back.

I agree, but LR needs to bring up the highway fuel economy.

Those are some serious front seat headrests. Do they have built-in ice-chests or something?

They probably have motorized adjustments and LCD touchscreen infotainment systems for the passel of kids that thing is designed to haul to soccer practice.

They probably have motorized adjustments and LCD touchscreen infotainment systems for the passel of kids that thing is designed to haul to soccer practice.

Or airbags for said passel.

First time I'd seen the rear end, it's really ugly. I can see that they tried to incorporate the stepped design that used to be in the rear window but it just doesn't work. The side profile is all over the place too.

I agree, but LR needs to bring up the highway fuel economy.

I guess I'm just more upset that the traditional "tough" SUV styling is rapidly fading, now with Land Rover adapting to the trend of rounder styling. They held out longer than most, but cannot resist the fashions.