2017 Malaysian Grand Prix

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
22046015_1832600016769614_3698051124162159583_n.jpg

So, Fernando Alonso in a McLaren Honda set faster times in both P1 and P2 than both Mercedes. They should give him 5 points just cos of that.

Reactions: MWF
So, Fernando Alonso in a McLaren Honda set faster times in both P1 and P2 than both Mercedes. They should give him 5 points just cos of that.

Eh, as usual the big sharks are dragging along a cart full of sandbags so you can't really say anuthing about pace until Q2 and Q3 tomorrow.

Well P1 was held shortly after the track had been underwater and we know how well Alonso is in the wet. :cool:

That was a scary crash for Grosjean - that grate just shredded his right rear.

Last edited:
Well, as soon as I heard Ferrari were gathering a mix-up of used components in order not to go over the maximum 4 to avoid penalties, I knew that was trouble. Vettel out with turbo shit in Q3. If last race was not game over for the championship, this is it. It's gonna take the Madonna herself coming down from heaven and forcing 2 Hamilton DNFs for us to have an exciting end of the season.

He may as well take advantage of the situation and load up his car with new bits.

It's really sad to see the championship fall apart to quickly for Seb. A real shame.

I was hoping Kimi might pull off a pole, but as usual Lewis pulls it off in qualifying.

Hopefully he doesn't simply run away with it tomorrow, since it seems like the top 5 are pretty close. But these new cars haven't resulted in the best racing.

Kimi is starting from the pit lane if he starts at all, unbelievable. It's been a tough month for Ferrari fans.

He may as well take advantage of the situation and load up his car with new bits.
That loophole has been closed. Only the last set of parts installed can be used in the future. i.e., he can only stock up with 1 of everything

That loophole has been closed. Only the last set of parts installed can be used in the future. i.e., he can only stock up with 1 of everything

That's what I said, new bits. one of everything and a fresh engine starting from the back ready for the rest of the season. I don't think he's used 4 of everything though.
I'm aware that the loophole was closed last year after Mercedes loaded up with engines at SPA.

Well that's 4th for Vettel, he gave it a really good push but Ricciardo put a stop to his charge otherwise he was almost on the pace to catch Hamilton. Makes you wonder how the race would be different had Kimi been in it. Never thought I'd be happy to see Verstappen win a race but it means 6 points lost instead of 13. 6 points is still a lot more then it should have been though, thanks turbos.

Good job Stroll, Wow what a strange end to a race.

Last edited:
What the hell happened there? I think that's the first time I see a crash in the wind down lap...

Not a bad race, the Red Bulls were just quicker than the Mercs for this track, but it's a huge wasted opportunity, I think it was an easy Ferrari 1-2.

I think it's just like Vettel said, Stroll went to pick up marbles but he didn't see that Vettel was beside him and they crashed.

What is happening to Ferrari lately? Their bad luck is just crazy, but at least some of it happened after the race. Great drive by Vettel, as well as Max.

What is happening to Ferrari lately? Their bad luck is just crazy, but at least some of it happened after the race. Great drive by Vettel, as well as Max.
Even if it happened after the race, his gearbox is most likely still broken, forcing him to take a grid penalty next race

What a drive though...

and congrats to max, he deserved a win after the season he's had

Whatever happens from now on, he no longer has rights to moan :D

Last edited: