2017 Mexican Grand Prix

Kiskaloo

76f4704a-8edc-40f2-9846-29a259cbf16d

So news going in is that Daniil Kvyat has been formally released from Toro Rosso and the Red Bull program with Pierre Gasly and Brendon Hartley expected to be TR's line-up for 2018. Daniel Ricciardo is also evidently on the short-list for an AMG Mercedes seat in 2019 with Lewis stating he would love to have him as a teammate.

Last edited:
Quite a good qualifying session really, Sebastian managed a killer lap on his second run of Q3. Unfortunately Kimi didn't have it today, didn't see his post qualifying interview. Presumably Hamilton will try his best to avoid Verstappen at the start tomorrow.

Yeah great final lap from Seb, though with Lewis only needing to be 5th or better, the WDC is still his tomorrow.

Verstappen was cleared of inhibiting Bottas so his second place qualifying position is safe.

Last edited:
Verstappen will win this thing! Mark my words!

And how Renault must be lamenting not having sainz in the second car from the beginning. Even Hulkenberg would've done better with a teammate that was actually pushing him.

Although sainz seems to be denting Hulkenberg reputation a bit though. Only the second race in the car, and he almost outqualified him

Oh, and what a lap by Alonso!!! Red bull better gets afraid. Mclaren will be right up there if they have the same engine!

Last edited:
Whatever your feelings about Hamilton not the best way to secure a world championship. I know it was in the bag barring a miracle of biblical proportions but I'm sure Lewis would have wanted to seal it with a little more panache.

Gg Vettel you should be sacked. What happened, seriously what happened to you? Not at all impressed how you threw it all away after the summer break. I really want to hear what he has to say for himself.

Not the outcome I had hoped for but a well deserved 4th championship for Lewis. I think the long wheel base gamble from Mercedes was a mistake, but they managed to save it with hard work, reliability, and Lewis being on his A-game most of the season. Just look at the gab between him and Bottas.

On the other hand Ferrari and Vettel both crumbled under the pressure after the summer break.

I couldn't catch the race and it seems I missed a good one.
Saw the highlights on the F1 youtube. It would seem to me that Verstappen gained the place at the start outside the track limits - again? I'm not sure if he was 4 wheels off.

Then at around the 4 minutes mark they show the Hamilton - Alonso fight and Crofty concludes with - "That's great driving from Lewis Hamitlon!" - I'm sorry, what?? That's great driving from Alonso! I wonder how much Hamilton would have resisted if the cars were reversed. Fernando, whiny or not, is probably still the best driver in the paddock.

Anyway that's that. GG WP, sucked it had to be like this. Next year, I'm not ever sure I'll be watching cos fuck the halo.

max had 2 wheels inside...

and you kept watching during these engines, but will give up because of the halo???
once it's integraged in the design (until now we've only seen bolt versions), and we're 5 races into the season, no one will notice them anymore...

and about the alonso battle: Lewis had lost half of his diffuser in the contact with vettel, he had even trouble overtaking a sauber after that
so yeah, it was a great move on alonso, he'd been trying for a fair share of laps before he eventually managed to get by...

Last edited:

and you kept watching during these engines, but will give up because of the halo???
once it's integraged in the design (until now we've only seen bolt versions), and we're 5 races into the season, no one will notice them anymore...

No, that's what you and other said about the platypus and stepped noses, the narrow high rear wings, the penises (which are still there), and no, that's not true, I kept seeing them and they're hideous.

Finally, this year the cars looked (almost) right (T-wings and shark fins can fuck right off) and then they go and fuck them up again.

I might catch some races if they're at the right time, as background noise, but I'm not gonna wake up at 6 am to see these monstrosities. I was the last of my group of buddies watching F1, most of them quit during the Red Bull years, and I think it's about enough already.

and about the alonso battle: Lewis had lost half of his diffuser in the contact with vettel, he had even trouble overtaking a sauber after that
so yeah, it was a great move on alonso, he'd been trying for a fair share of laps before he eventually managed to get by...

They will when they cut to the onboard cameras. I don't think the halo looks unbearable from the outside but at least with the current onboard shots they block a lot of the view and no amount of paint will fix that.

relocating the camera's will...

Any shot that has the driver in it will be compromised and a shot taken from in front of the halo won't work as well.