2017 Monaco Grand Prix/Indy 500

Ya, Ferrari surely fucked Kimi. Kimi did not know about the Ferrari plans to overcut Vettel, and given the distance to P3, he probably took it safe in his in-lap as well as in lapping the back markers in his out lap. With the assumption that Ferrari will not screw him, there was no incentive to push and over-stress the car. Vettel was obviously asked to push, so he was going 10/10. One would think that this early in the season, they will let the guy win at least one race...

ESPN F1 says the same thing. If Kimi had come out ahead of the back markers, Vettel overcut would not have worked.

Jesus the salt is real

Sent from my XT1040 using Tapatalk

His pit stop was 0.3 slower, but he also lost 0.5 more seconds in his total overall pit lane time, which means he didn't attack the pit lane as much as he could. Those 0.5 would have gotten him the lead for sure.

Also can we talk about Jenson Button? That was such a rookie move for such a veteran driver, specially when you're trying to run your final final race. Was quite sad to see him leave like that. Loved the audio at the beginning of the race from Alonso in Indy

I think Jens just got overexcited and tried to open the gap into Portier 2. I'm glad Pascal is okay though, that did look nasty.

For the record I think that Ferrari would have got Seb ahead somehow, but the way it turned out, Seb simply pumped in some sensational laps to make the difference.

That was so sad for Nando as well, the irony of losing to a blown Honda engine after all that.

i think it's funny that in all the post race interviews alonso and brown gave, honda wasn't mentioned a single time! :lol:

I noticed an interesting tidbit of information for people who keep insisting that Kimi is past it and it's that this is his best result at Monaco since 2005 which incidentally I think is the last time he got a pole position at Monaco.