2017 Singapore Grand Prix

Kiskaloo

324cbd7e-48fb-4ac8-b892-475100ed7188

The Circuit Organizers have extended the GP contract for another four years (now through 2021).

Red Bull looking good in the day and the night with Ferrari being good in the day, but not very good in the night.

Last edited:
That's cos RB drivers have energy drinks and are still awake at night and Ferrari doesn't.

Quite a good qualifying, Sebastian Vettel with quite a nice lap against the threat of Red Bull.

Wow what an gift to Hamilton. I would say that it was pure race incident. Vettel could't know that Raikkonen was next to Verstappen.

Shame.

What a disaster, a good start turned into a double retirement. And Hamilton in the lead of the race will gain 25 points on Vettel.

That was enjoyable :D

That was so vettels "fault". Not that he did sth wrong, but Verstappen had no where to go. Why take the risk?

And God damn mclaren, Stoffel could've been fourth! First they waited too long to pit him during the second safety car, which got him jumped by sainz and Perez, and then they take 9s to change a wheel, which helps palmer in front...

What has happened to Vettel? Thought he had been caught napping at Belgium, reaffirmed in Italy, and just when I thought he might take the initiative back at Singapore, he does this. What an embarrassment himself and Ferrari. Its like something happened over the summer break that broke him.

This is the kind of event that gave Rosberg all he needed to scrap his championship together last year. I won't be surprised if the championship is effectively over and Hamilton wins because of this.

Well that was unexpected to say the least. Masterful drive from Hamilton to take advantage of the situation. He said yesterday he needed a miracle but what the one he got was way bigger than even he could have hoped for.

Amazing how lucky Mercedes is. As if it weren't enough that they had the dominate ... everything, they also have luck on their side.

Quite a war of attrition out there today. What was it, 8 retirements? But that did allow a lot of good points finishes for other drivers back in the pack.

Shame that Ricciardo couldn't do anything all race. I root for him over Max, but I imagine the damn teenager could have challenged for the win.

Edit: I guess Ricciardo was nursing his gearbox for almost the whole race. Sounds like his team didn't expect him to last more than half the race.

Last edited:
I don't really blame Vettel that much. The pole sitter having a less than great start and doing the chop move to defend their place into the first corner is not that uncommon. It combined with Verstappen and Kimi's position, which might have been a little aggressive considering the location (wet streets on a city circuit with very little room for maneuvering).

Now it's gonna be a test of his resilience to see how he deals with this.

Yes, I see it more as a racing incident. Vettel probably had to do a hero lap to take pole to begin with, so with the wet conditions he may very well have felt that if Max got past him, he would stay in front. I also don't think Seb could see Kimi charging up on the other side of Max, so he didn't realize the pinching Max was pushing him into Kimi.

What a fucking disaster. I turned it off soon after.

It's true, and it's happening at a crucial moment in the championship. Even non Ferrari fans must have felt that was a disaster for what could be a very exciting championship finale.

I'm not ruling out a Hamilton DNF from here to the end, anything could happen, but ... damn it.

both ferraris crashed, and first thing i said to my gf: "there goes half the viewership!" :lol:

Yeah as soon as I saw Seb, Max, Alonso and Kimi all go out at the first corner with Lewis surviving I was like "race over" (as I knew Lewis would cruise to the win) and put it into the background while I fired up my computer and played a game. :lol: