9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
bmw-x2-2018-fotos-sin-camuflaje-201740178_3.jpg
bmw-x2-2018-fotos-sin-camuflaje-201740178_6.jpg
bmw-x2-2018-fotos-sin-camuflaje-201740178_8.jpg
bmw-x2-2018-fotos-sin-camuflaje-201740178_10.jpg

*stares at X1*: That thing is ridiculous and too small
*stares at X3*: *scoffs* I would like to park in a city sometime.

Said noone, ever, because sweet feathery fuck BMW does not need yet another small crossover.

Who cares anymore. It's a random car for young families or retirees who use their vehicle to drive from A to B. This one has a BMW badge.

I had a chat with a friend of mine who works as a salesman at a big BMW dealer, and he didn't really understand my objection to cars like the Active or Gran Tourer. He didn't see it as a brand selling its integrity for cash, but as cars that fill a niche and people buy. It's his job, not his life, which is fair obviously. And they sell well, enough for even more like them to be made.

Still bothers me though, while there isn't necessarily anything lost for the "car guy", it feels hollow.

Well I kind of agree with your friend here, but that might be because I never cared about BMW as a brand, while I appreciate a fun car when I drive one I never much cared for most of their line up. If there is money to be made, no reason for them not to sell you a product really.

Fuck, that is dull.

The only thing I like is the badge on the rear quarter. Nice call back to the E9 C-pillar

ltxEYOe.png

2018 BMW X2

BMW milking the cash cow again. For some reason, the styling reminds me too much of a Kia.

And the newer Jeep Compass.

Last edited:
The only thing I like is the badge on the rear quarter. Nice call back to the E9 C-pillar

ltxEYOe.png

I think it looks cool on the E9 but absolutely ridicolous on that X2 - as if people *have* to know it's a BMW when looking at it in profile because the design itself doesn't differentiate it anymore from anything generic-SUV-ish. :lol:

I feel like the window frame needs brightwork for that emblem to look more "right".

I don't know what BMW thinks its accomplishing by camouflaging the taillights and leaving the emblems exposed. :think: I am thankful, however, that it doesn't have black wheels!
The fact that BMW makes SUVs is a bit sad for me since I remember the days when their drivers' cars pulled them up into the big leagues. The contribution of the non-performance models to the bottom line, however, can't be disputed and that means that BMW's designers/engineers will continue to have a freer hand to create the models we all love, even if we can't afford them... :???:

SL

I don't know what BMW thinks its accomplishing by camouflaging the taillights and leaving the emblems exposed. :think: I am thankful, however, that it doesn't have black wheels!
The fact that BMW makes SUVs is a bit sad for me since I remember the days when their drivers' cars pulled them up into the big leagues. The contribution of the non-performance models to the bottom line, however, can't be disputed and that means that BMW's designers/engineers will continue to have a freer hand to create the models we all love, even if we can't afford them... :???:

SL

That's a general trend though, pure sports cars are all but dead, everyone wants luxury with some sporting aspirations. Even BMW's "driver's" cars are way too heavy on luxury for what a focused driver's car should be. But then if it weren't everyone would shit all over interior quality and lack of toys and this and that.

I don't know what BMW thinks its accomplishing by camouflaging the taillights and leaving the emblems exposed. :think:

For all we know it can be a very clever camouflage by Hyundai, sticking some BMW badges and fooling everyone into thinking that it's not them who's developing yet another pointless crossover

Even camo department can't be bothered. Also I intensely dislike the plastic "rear window" spacer behind the rear doors. And the 2 meter tall door sills.

Last edited:

SL

Pieces of camo foil laying around used as scratch protection during transport for chrome/high gloss items and lights. Only mistake is to transport an uncommunicated car in the open. I wonder which logistics company just lost accreditation with BMW.

Also, mark my words.

This car is gonna sell like crazy.

The X1 is already selling like mad, the new X3 is hitting the market now and the X2 is the (in my eyes better looking) sportier alternative to the X1.

You may not like it, but small SAVs are were the money is.

Pieces of camo foil laying around used as scratch protection during transport for chrome/high gloss items and lights. Only mistake is to transport an uncommunicated car in the open. I wonder which logistics company just lost accreditation with BMW.

Not if you want the car to "leak" into the ever watchful eyes of websites and blogs. ;)

Not if you want the car to "leak" into the ever watchful eyes of websites and blogs. ;)

Doubt it. For that they ran the urban camo car. Also it would not have been a golden low spec one ;)