2018 Italian Grand Prix

Four Five Eight

Car(s)
Audi A3 1.8t
Promising prospects for the race after that qualifying, Q3 was very exciting and Kimi Raikkonen is leading a Ferrari 1-2 front row lock out tomorrow. Not only that he now holds the record for fastest lap in formula 1 which is unlikely to go down soon with aero rules changing next year.

An exciting race but a gutting result, I was really hoping Kimi would be able to hold on to the lead there but his tires just didn't have it in them. Verstappen showed his colours again by ramming Bottas off of the track and then having a temper tantrum over the penalty.
Vettel got knocked out of contention and made room for Mercedes to box up and destroy Kimi's tires, championship gap has opened up by 10 points on what it was so it's not good for the championship.

A total blunder, that's all it was. I saw it coming a mile away. Did not expect the chicane crash but as soon as it happened I knew the race was lost, Kimi just doesn't have the nerve anymore, Mercedes plays dirty (doing the whole supposedly forbidden "pit-bait" and using Bottas as a roadblock once again)... Ricciardo has more engine problems after announcing his move to Renault...

Yeah, the writing was on the wall from lap 2. Shame.

Now the story is coming out that Haas is being stripped of their result, since apparently the floor was not in compliance. But, apparently, the FIA knew it was out of compliance, and granted Haas a waiver until Singapore, clearing them to race. But, apparently, that doesn't mean anything if another team files a protest. Like Renault, who coincidentally filed their protest after the race where Haas passed them in the championship. Yeah. Those good ol F1 politics, disgracing the sport yet again.

that was the most awesome monza race in at least a decade!