Unveiled: 2018 Nissan Leaf

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic

Last edited:
I couldn't see shit either.

You know what I don't get, how are traditional car manufacturers still not caught onto what Tesla showed them? Don't make an EV to replace your typical shitbox city runabout, you just can't get the price low enough for those buyers vs ICE. Make a luxury car that costs 80-100K and then stuff it with tech to the gills. I have never seen a non-gov plated Leaf or Volt in NYC but I see Teslas and i8s all over the damn place, the people with money are the ones who have a place to charge it and don't mind buying what amounts to a toy.

Already a thread.

https://forums.finalgear.com/automotive-news/nissan-leaf-2018-a-61799

And for the record THIS EV I like because ITS A FUCKING CAR that doesnt try to make a political statement (Prius) and doesn't have douche bag owners (Tesla & Prius). I like that it looks like and is for all intents and purposes a car. If I needed this sort of thing I'd get it.

Already a thread.

https://forums.finalgear.com/automotive-news/nissan-leaf-2018-a-61799

And for the record THIS EV I like because ITS A FUCKING CAR that doesnt try to make a political statement (Prius) and doesn't have douche bag owners (Tesla & Prius). I like that it looks like and is for all intents and purposes a car. If I needed this sort of thing I'd get it.

No one will end up driving these, that's the thing about these silly EVs, they are too expensive for the save money crowd and too normal looking for the douchebag/political statement crowd.

No one will end up driving these, that's the thing about these silly EVs, they are too expensive for the save money crowd and too normal looking for the douchebag/political statement crowd.

That's a shame because it really is not a bad EV for those who who like that sort of thing.

I see all by me. Tesla, volt, bolt, leaf. Not a lot but, they're here.

I see all of them around here, too(plus an i8), and while I don't make a point to check the plates I tend to notice gov plates and none of them have had one. I think. That being said, is something being primarily a gov/rental car all that bad for an automaker? Profits on each are certainly lower, but it means large volumes, high visibility for those that may consider buying one personally, and helps them hit fuel economy regulations.

There is nothing wrong with cars being gov or rental fleet sales, but it does show desirability of cars. If cars are being mostly sold to institutional buyers means they are likely not something general public wants.

Do you ever pay attention to the plates (just curious). Volts and Leafs here are always on gov plates and Teslas always with vanity plates :p

Yeah, they're standard Illinois plates with "EL" on them.

49936205205aac9aa09c695d5507abbd.gif

The Leaf is around $20k, depending on state incentives. That's the same base price as the Civic hatch. The resale value on the first generation was atrocious, though (I know someone who bought an early one for $41k before incentives and sold it this year for $4100). Hopefully the second gen holds its value better due to the larger battery.

The Leaf is around $20k, depending on state incentives. That's the same base price as the Civic hatch. The resale value on the first generation was atrocious, though (I know someone who bought an early one for $41k before incentives and sold it this year for $4100). Hopefully the second gen holds its value better due to the larger battery.

$20k is a pretty good price for what you get actually wouldn't you agree? Those with short commutes who don't like cars should snatch that up and say screw a fucking Prius or Tesla. ;)