Unveiled: 2019 Aston Martin Vantage

TC

aka TomCat
vantage.jpg

vantage2.jpg

vantage3.jpg

vantage4.jpg

vantage5.jpg

My one major critique of the Aston Martin Vantage over the years was that at first glance, it always looked a bit too hard to tell apart from its DB-series big brothers. The Vantage is meant to be the smaller, more sporting, more entry level (if there is such a thing) Aston Martin. Now there?s a new Vantage and it stands out even more from the DB11, and it does it with 503 horsepower.

Aston Martin took the wraps off the all-new 2019 Vantage this morning, and I?m really liking what I?m seeing. The automaker even had the stones to show it off in neon yellow, in addition to Aston?s typical stately gray-silver. It?s definitely something fun and different.

The chassis is said to be an evolution of the aluminum architecture of the DB11, but with 70 percent new structure components for lighter weight?this guy comes in at 3,373 pounds to the DB11's beefier 3,652 pounds in V8 form. (Obviously the DB11 V12 weighs even more.)

Like the DB11 V8 and Volante, power comes from the new AMG-sourced 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 making 503 HP and 505 lb-ft of torque. Zero to 60 mph happens in 3.6 seconds, an eight-speed ZF automatic is the sole gearbox (good, but a stick would be better) and it?s got some innovative new technology at work.

Namely, the car uses Aston?s Electronic Rear Differential, which they say ?can go from fully open to 100 percent locked in a matter of milliseconds? and makes constant microadjustments to the which wheel is getting engine power.

Anyway, I think it looks great on paper and manages to be quite striking. This new Vantage finally puts some distinguishing space between it and the DB11, to the point where it may actually be the more compelling car.

The Vantage is on sale now with prices starting at $149,995 in the U.S. and deliveries begin in Q2 2018.

Link

My first impression is that it's definitely not pretty. And I think the headlights may be from the mid-90's Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Funny, I was thinking new MX5...... In fact the whole thing just screams Japanese to me for some reason.

It's not ghastly, but it's just flimflam and overstyled, it's just not an Aston.

Funny, I was thinking new MX5...... In fact the whole thing just screams Japanese to me for some reason.

It's not ghastly, but it's just flimflam and overstyled, it's just not an Aston.

Immediately saw ND mx-5 in the upper front as well. I think they tried to reproduce the shape of the AM logo in the front grill, but it looks clumsy and too open to me. I wonder how it will look with a numberplate mounted (even worse?). They should also have made it more powerful than a AMG GTS, but I guess that would make it too attractive compared to the DB11.

MX5 in the front, and RX7 in the back

also...a lime green aston? realy?
you can't look distinguished in a lime green car!
and looking distinguished was the only area where aston kills it's opponents

Last edited:
:barf:

That is all.

It looks like a lawn mower with a leaf sucker attachment on the front.

a7ad5d5e242529e350b2e51ecc7e02c0.jpg

They also released images of the GTE class race car version:

90.jpg

91.jpg

92.jpg

93.jpg

Link to article

That front end shot of the race car next to the road car doesn't do the road car any favors.

It looks melty. I'd rather have a GTR.... not that one... this one...

3syrWeA.png

Even has the same 4.0... except more power and more torque.

Last edited:
That Ginetta looks very Ginetta-esque from the front

It looks melty. I'd rather have a GTR.... not that one... this one...

3syrWeA.png

Even has the same 4.0... except more power and more torque.

I was thinking the same thing. You don't even have to go nuts with a GTR, a GTS would have the same power and a GTC would be more powerful. 911 Turbo and R8 V10 would also be quicker and much nicer to look at for the same money.

I was thinking the same thing. You don't even have to go nuts with a GTR, a GTS would have the same power and a GTC would be more powerful. 911 Turbo and R8 V10 would also be quicker and much nicer to look at for the same money.

Yeah, but you need to get the R to get that sexy sexy green paint.

Never thought I would utter these words... Do not want.

Fucking hideous.