Unveiled: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado

what engine is in there, to warrant such a high hood?

375f3299d4c3da67f51b804f67fc4402--tin-goodwood-festival-of-speed.jpg

Maybe the high hood is for pedestrian impact safety. :p

But rumor has it they will offer 2 V8 engines with 6.6L of displacement. A NA gasoline/petrol V8 as standard, no stats yet, and an optional turbodiesel V8 with 910lb-ft of torque.

It's not the engine, it's just dick-wagging at other trucks. Thank Dodge for starting that back in the 1990s when they made the Ram look like a miniature commercial truck.

I showed my dad a photo of both the 2019 1/2 ton and the 2020 HD. He has had one of the last 5 generations of GM truck (one was a GMC, the rest Chevrolet). He thinks both a god awful hideous and will remain in his current truck (2015 2500 6.0 gas) for the foreseeable future.

A small 4 cylinder engine will lean really hard on the turbo to keep those power numbers, so it will consume more fuel to do it. A turbo V6 makes more sense in my opinion. The base engine should be a NA V6, with the next engine up being a Turbo version of the same engine.

If only there was another manufacturer that realized that.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Would still have a V8

If you are buying a truck, and you actually work with it, a V8 just makes sense. If it is a street queen that only hauls kids or groceries(this would include SUVs based on a truck platform), then a V6 is generally more than adequate.

At this point in time, I am waiting for an EV truck. For most of what I do, a Rivian would be more than what I need.

How to make the 2019 Silverado look better...

Ths0dFk.jpg

CddSkr3.jpg

Oh wait.... thats not gone well....