2019 F1 Season thread

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
forums are back, would we be able to get the F1 section back on track as well?

during the downtime Arrivibene was replaced by Binotto...any thoughts on that?
i think it's a dumb move. ever since Arrivibene was on the pitwall, ferrari improved year by year
Binotto also seems like very capable technical person, but i don't see a team principal in him

just when ferrari seems to be getting rid of the blame culture, they do this?

I've been told I'm reading too much into this but I think it's interesting that all this politics is at the forefront after Kimi Raikkonen was shoved out the door. I think having him and Sebastian on the team made their political in fights look really silly on the public stage so it kept them in check and rowing in the same direction. Binotto is credited with the engine development that brought them back from 2014 so I hope this works well for them but I am worried about what all of this could mean for the 2019 car.

sauber is dead, long live alfa romeo racing!
https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2019/02/sauber-name-disappears-team-re-branded-as-alfa-romeo-racing/

not sure how i feel about that.
1) i don't give a rats ass what a team is called
2) sauber never got me excited
3) cool to see alfa romeo in the sport again
4) somehow i think the sauber name should've survived peter, but i guess it won't

i wonder how monisha kaltenborn feels about this. she's been at the helm for 3 years, and hadn't made the slightest progress, on the contrary!
vasseur enters, and within 2 year sauber is a solid midfield team again...well done to him!

Sauber in 2018 certainly benefitted from getting current-spec engines (as are now required for Customer PSUs) and I believe they also sourced more components from the Scuderia (as Haas does). But team management did look stronger, as well.

As for showing Arrivibene the door, that Autosport video mirrored what I had read in that he and Binotto did not get along and Binotto was considered the more important person to keep.

that owner of rich energy sounds like such a douche

I'm pretty excited for Alfa Romeo racing. I think we might see Kimi reach a podium or two.

dw9yxjhckwh21.jpg

I don't think I realized just how much rake Renault runs over, for example, McLaren.

I don't think I realized just how much rake Renault runs over, for example, McLaren.
The other way around ... I didn't realise MCL runs as little rake as MB

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Well, it already feels like the season is over before it has even started... Ferrari being 7 tenths off the pace is not good. Formula 1.5 looks like it will be fun though.

Well, it already feels like the season is over before it has even started... Ferrari being 7 tenths off the pace is not good. Formula 1.5 looks like it will be fun though.

They were 7 tenths down in Australia last year as well, more worrying is their performance in the race. I mean Vettel got taken to the cleaners by Verstappen.

-well done bottas!
-ai ai ai williams!
-McLaren had their great start of the year again, they had this for the last 3 years as well
-hamilton + confident bottas + teammate that can keep up...vettel will crack!

and cars obviously can follow again because we're getting trains again!
those weren't there the last few years...

Seriously hope Bottas keeps it up and interesting. I'm confident Ferrari will bounce back but I can't find any excuses for them not pitting Leclerc and going for fastest lap other than lack of bollocks. "Too much risk" they said, where's the passion? Very frustrating.

Leclerc on pole... the hype train is full speed and lost all its brakes.

Let's see what happens today. Finger crossed for 2 Ferraris still running by turn 2

Reactions: TC
I feel worse for their drivers. They are both very talented, but there is little chance they will walk away looking good this season.

LeClerc robbed of his first win due to a failure of his Energy Recovery System, but at least the double Renault DNF put the field under a Safety Car to allow him to finish third.