2019 F1 Season thread

i don't believe that...he's a merc employee, from the moment merc wins, he doesn't care who it is
it's true he gets along nicely with hamilton, but until bottas signed for mercedes, toto was his manager!

if bottas had the same advantage as hamilton has atm, toto's smile would be just as wide...

I hardly see him as just a "merc employee" :D he's so much more

one more year on his contract, and i wouldn't be surprised to see him within some FIA/Liberty role

I'm not sure if that would be a good or bad thing if that happens!

Bottas is such a pushover again. He pitted for softer tyres to go for the fastest lap, and did. Then Hamilton smoked it with, what, 30 lap old hards?
What a season.

It would have been a Mercedes victory anyway, but ... oh, I forgot, Bottas' victories don't count for Toto. They're just the annoying result of having to have a driver that's good enough to shield other teams off Hamilton's back...

Anyway, was there a reason why a late safety car could have come out?

I dunno, what brings out a safety car? last year it was a crash involving Grosjean I think. Grosjean was already out at the start but you can't predict if someone else will crash or not in a race. Especially when the midfield are much, much closer than the front.

talking about the midfield...well done gasly!
without the vettel/verstapping contact he would've still finished 6th, but was on the tail of the leaders, as opposed to being lapped like in austria

Well, this is going to be fun with Haas...

• Haha
Reactions: TC
WAIT! Hot off the presses, an update from Rich Energy itself:

so i assume storey has the rights to the name?
and when they kicked him out, he took it with him?

Looks like the tweet is back up. What this means for Haas, we have nooooooooo idea yet. Though I imagine they're scrambling to figure it out before the German GP.

It's pretty sad reading that tweet and know it was written by Storey, but he tried to make it sound like it was written by someone else.

yeah, you're a pretty big ego tripper if you create a hashtag of your own name...

Get yo popcorn ready.

So the most exciting thing about the 2019 season has been a twitter meltdown by an unknown energy drinks company. Yay!!

this is a nicer thread when you stay out ;)

While China and FP4 were boring, I really, really enjoyed the current season so far.