Unverified Ownership 2019 Mazda6 S

SquareLeft

Car(s)
2019 Mazda6 Sport, 2002 Subaru WRX, 1961 Morgan
Having sold both my Focuses, I've been shopping for new 'daily' wheels. I ended up with this Mazda6 - it's the "S" - or base - model: 2.5 liter, 187 HP, automatic with the only option being the Soul Red paint. As some of you know, I'm not much on technology, so this suited me just fine - especially the cloth upholstery and the lack of a sunroof. So, here she is... I've christened her "Liu", which is Chinese for "Six". I would have chosen a Japanese name, but felt that "Roku" would probably be mis-interpreted.

NomFrQx.jpg

e2q3JBv.jpg

Last edited:
Great choice, these cars are gorgeous, especially in that shade of red, and being Japanese (and based on my uncle's experience with his 2009 Euro-model Mazda 6) it should serve you well, even if the parts and service, at least here in Croatia, are a bit pricey.

Thanks for the comments, folks. This little summary will tell you how I arrived at my purchase decision:

For a 'daily driver', I wanted a car from an 'established' manufacturer that I trusted. I've owned two RX-7s and have had good experiences dealing with Mazda. Spectre was pushing the Kia/Hyundai cars, but I'm just 'not there' with them yet. Also in the 'personal' column was Honda - I like their products and recommend them often, but just don't want one.
Note to Subaru: If you still offered a Legacy wagon (NOT an Outback) with a real automatic transmission, my search would have stopped there. And, this isn't the first time questionable decisions from your marketing wonks have prevented me from buying another Subaru!!

MUST HAVES:
4 doors with seating and legroom for 4 adults.
Luggage room for my gear for rallies or car shows, as almost all of those events are out-of-town.
Automatic transmission - a 'real' one, no CVTs
Cloth upholstery preferred
'Decent' fuel mileage and acceleration - no hard-and-fast numbers, just 'reasonable' performance.

DON'T WANTS:
An SUV, CUV or cross-over. Just a personal thing.
Any extra technology beyond what's standard - I'm an old guy who doesn't want or need gizmos.
A sunroof
Large diameter wheels

DISAPPOINTMENTS:
I ended up with push-to-start, no CD player, an electronic parking brake, DRLs and lane-departure warning - none of which I wanted, but can live with.

Last edited: