Unveiled: 2019 Ram 1500

Something I?ve always noticed with Chrysler group products. All their buttons with backlights for night time get hot over time where other brands that I?ve expierenced do not have this.

93Flareside;n3544677 said:
Something I?ve always noticed with Chrysler group products. All their buttons with backlights for night time get hot over time where other brands that I?ve expierenced do not have this.

Neither one of my Chargers did/do this. :)

JCE;n3544681 said:

Lots of other DCX/FCA products did. They were very late to move to LED or low wattage/higher lumen lighting.

Saw the truck in person yesterday. Its a very bold and smart move by FCA. Knowing their practices, there will be a bunch of teething issues with such a rushed release of a 48V MHT truck, but for their future strategy it will pay off big time. That and their new interior is miles ahead of even the priciest F150s and Silverados. Certainly a player to watch in the truck segment going forward.

JCE;n3544681 said:

How about the weird clunk you hear in the front passenger dash area? My parents 00 Grand Voyager did this, a friend?s 03 neon, and all the patriots I?ve had, 2008, 2011, and 2012. It turns out to be a worn control arm but, it sounds like plastic duct flaps on a bathroom vent fluttering through the ductwork.

I know, that?s very specific. It?s a noise I?ve heard while growing up while pissing late at night in the bathroom. No lights or fan on because reasons.

Last edited:
Dodge have made leaps and bounds with their trucks starting in 2011. We had a pair of 2013 2500 CrewCabs at my old place of employment and I was thoroughly impressed with the fit, finish, and drivability.

Well, they couldn't have gotten much worse.

I'm glad they are improving, but they have a long way to go to show that they can be a trusted reliable brand. The interiors were a major problem, how they age remains to be seen. FCA as a whole doesn't have a great reputation right now for quality of design or construction. The Cherokee turned out to be more Italian than anyone thought, both leaking and catching fire with the same fault. The Renegade has had complaints about the sluggish transmission all the way to the stereo system being wonky right from the factory. Chrysler cars is still building mostly rentals, from what I can see. Dodge has the Challenger and Charger, but the Dart sales numbers look like they fell off a cliff last year. They didn't move more than 1,000 units in a month since June of 2017, by November 2017 they were selling barely more than 100 cars per month compared to 2,200+ in November 2016.

Blind_Io;n3545089 said:
Dodge has the Challenger and Charger, but the Dart sales numbers look like they fell off a cliff last year. They didn't move more than 1,000 units in a month since June of 2017, by November 2017 they were selling barely more than 100 cars per month compared to 2,200+ in November 2016.
I'm surprised they were still selling any Darts that recently, considering 2016 was the last model year for production. :p

So what replaced it? Do they even make a small car anymore?

EDIT: Nope. They have 5 cars left in the line and two of them are minivans.

Last edited:
I think the new Ram looks great, not quite as good as the F150 but a hell of a lot better than the new Chevys. Complain about the Italians as much as you want, but as long as they keep them working on the interiors they'll keep selling trucks.

Dodge honestly felt the best though a test drive could change that. I sat in a couple at the Chicago auto show. Ford is a good truck and the Chevrolet offerings are dated. They’re exactly what your dad would like...