2020 F1 season thread

It's absolutely boggling that all this has started happening without any of the drivers turning a lap in anger for their current teams this years.

Also, I saw Seb at RoC in Miami a few years ago, when he won the country team challenge by himself.

Well, we're going racing... somewhat.

Formula 1 Rolex Grosser Preis von OsterreichThe Red Bull Ring, AustriaJuly 3-5
Formula 1 Pirelli Grosser Preis der SteiermarkThe Red Bull Ring, AustriaJuly 10-12
Formula 1 Aramco Magyar NagydijThe Hungaroring, HungaryJuly 17-19
Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand PrixSilverstone, UKJuly 31 - August 2
Emirates Formula 1 70th Anniversary Grand PrixSilverstone, UKAugust 7-9
Formula 1 Aramco Gran Premio de EspanaCircuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, SpainAugust 14-16
Formula 1 Rolex Belgian Grand PrixSpa-Francorchamps, BelgiumAugust 28-30
Formula 1 Gran Premio Heineken d'ItaliaMonza, ItalySeptember 4-6

It's a pitty they again turned down the reverse grid thingy. I really hate it in wsbk, so I'm sure I'll hate it for f1 as well, but if there is one time to try out things, it's now!

Wow. What a race.

That was so good! Even if we lost 7 people with mechanical failures, the rest was nice. Can't wait for next week.

Alonso to Renault for 2021. Announcement as soon as tomorrow.

Why??? Both for Renault and alonso...
And so much for ocon his career... he's not better than stoffel! Alonso will drive circles around him (but so will the badger this year)

Do we think it's Vettel?

Why??? Both for Renault and alonso...
And so much for ocon his career... he's not better than stoffel! Alonso will drive circles around him (but so will the badger this year)

So, here's my thought process: Alonso didn't want to return in 2021. He wanted to return in 2022 when the new regulations take effect. However, Renault was unwilling to say "sure, we'll sign someone to a one-year deal and then sign you next year," and instead offered a two-year deal and a strong hand in the development of the 2022 car.

First F1 race ever at Mugello? Should be interesting. 1000th Ferrari GP, they test their cars there, home crowd, everything absolutely perfect for the two red cars to crash into each other in turn 1.

Looking forward to it! I hope they add some more tracks usually not visited by f1!

First F1 race ever at Mugello? Should be interesting. 1000th Ferrari GP, they test their cars there, home crowd, everything absolutely perfect for the two red cars to crash into each other in turn 1.
What crowd?

1.2 seconds!!!!!

And ouch Ferrari :/

With a performance like that HAM confirmed for me that he is one of the GOAT.

How's this one different from any of the others where he took pole and lead the whole gp and won?

Because it was absolutely pouring it down and he still managed to find 1,2 seconds and makes it looks like it's an easy game. I am by no means a Hamilton fan, but I have nothing but massive respect for that. Granted, in rainy conditions like these, there's a possibility that the conditions were a little better for like 1-2 minutes before worseing again.

But for yesterday's race, it was clear to me that HAM would just outright win and I'm happy he was only shown for like 10 seconds on TV leading up front.