2020 F1 season thread

Vettel to... Racing Point?

according to rumours, but nothing has been confirmed so far
i wonder whose place he'll take?

if they kick out perez to make room, i'll be kind of pissed...

That’s the rumor. Perez has a buy-out clause that needs to be triggered by July 31, and that RP will announce Vettel at Silverstone in August 2nd.

Selfishly for my dad (I’m a Ferrari supporter, in addition to rooting for some specific drivers) who is a Haas fan, I hope Perez goes to Haas. His large sponsorship package and ability to drive the hypothetical doors off of and drag underperforming cars into Q3 and points finishes is exactly what Haas needs going into 2022.

I feel like Haas could be right up with Redbull. Just big brands with a lot of money to work with, Haas just doesn’t have the the experience and drivers as Redbull. You’ll need building automation equipment in large buildings and kids will always buy energy drinks.

I think all it takes is a Sergio Perez to pull Haas up the ranks, get that extra prize money, and have that budget cap in place and they'd be in that top-of-the-mid-pack tier, the kind that always threatens to throw a wrench in the top-tier teams' plans.

as long as haas just buys whatever the cheapest supplier has on offer, they will never achieve anything
dedicate, or get out!

I feel like Haas could be right up with Redbull. Just big brands with a lot of money to work with, Haas just doesn’t have the the experience and drivers as Redbull. You’ll need building automation equipment in large buildings and kids will always buy energy drinks.

Thereotically yeah, but realistically no. Red Bull is Jaguar which is Stewart, which means that's 25 years of GP experience plus RB has Adrian Newey, which is, let's be honest, and engineering god. :D Haas hasn't got any of that - but were in such a good position two years ago. God damn, why must it have gone down hill since. I sooo want Haas to succeed, and I think they'll wait for 2022 regulation changes to see if they can catch up with the budget limitations.

Is this going to be the year a single manufacturer wins every race?

This is worse than the Ferrari era of 15-20 years ago

I hope rp wins one!
Only to see abiteboul turn green :D

Sergio Perez has tested positive for COVID-19. Time to see exactly what F1 has put into place to race safely.

Portimao will be interesting to see. The racetrack is barely over 10 years old, and yet in a condition like Estoril. But apparently they're working super hard right now to put it into good condition again.

BAH GAWD THAT'S NICO HULKENBERG'S MUSIC

Despite a spin in Q2, another pole for Hamilton...
Not much else to add, except Ricciardo who had his chassis replaced after the team discovered a hairline fracture, and they had to break the curfew to do so, which you are only allowed to do twice a year. If you ask me, if you replaced the complete chassis because of safety, that shouldn't count!

The racetrack is barely over 10 years old, and yet in a condition like Estoril. But apparently they're working super hard right now to put it into good condition again.

Interesting. Where are you getting that from, if I may ask? It seems odd because the FIA awarded them Grade 1 in April (did they slack their grading criteria anticipating the need of new tracks? I guess it's possible, but not likely... ):

Last edited:
Interesting. Where are you getting that from, if I may ask? It seems odd because the FIA awarded them Grade 1 in April (did they slack their grading criteria anticipating the need of new tracks? I guess it's possible, but not likely... ):

I have a friend who works for a race team that organises winter track days for sports car racing at Portimao for quite some years now. It's a similar story in Estoril, apart from a resurface a few years ago that circuit seems to be pretty much dead, which is a shame.

I hope an F1 race brings a good light onto Portimao, which it deserves.