2020 F1 season thread

Both Haas seats are officially open. A Williams seat is alledgedly open. And nobody confirmed at Alfa Romeo yet either. This is the silly season that keeps on getting sillier.

Both Haas seats are officially open. A Williams seat is alledgedly open. And nobody confirmed at Alfa Romeo yet either. This is the silly season that keeps on getting sillier.

Wasn’t Kimi already confirmed and Schumacher set for alfa?

I've heard lately that Schumacher might go to Haas now.

Schumacher and Marzipan (sic) to Haas, Alfa stays with Kimi and Giovinazzi...

If true, the only seat up for grabs is al renault, so Ocon or Perez?

i don't think giovinazzi will remain at alfa, he's had his chance, didn't impress...
i think ferrari will place schwartzman there

and you're forgetting williams, who haven't confirmed any of their drivers either

Legend. Still, at 41 years of age

10 positions in one lap (plus the rest of the straight) - wow. But it also means he probably severely underperformed in qualifying, seeing how easy he overtook most of these cars.

10 positions in one lap (plus the rest of the straight) - wow. But it also means he probably severely underperformed in qualifying, seeing how easy he overtook most of these cars.

Him and Vettel. Though it seems the car Kimi drives is way more suited for him.

it's all about the tires, he did the best job of getting them up to temp in the warmup lap, and coasted past everybody
by the time all the others had their tires up to temp, he fell like a brick again

same reason why sainz was able to lead a few laps

I think it was very heavily influenced by the fact that Kimi was on the softs. Just look at what Sainz did to the Mercs on soft tires.

Also, Gasly back at Toro Rosso next year.

Whatever you say, that was the most amazing start this season, if not ever, with a car that is normally 17th fastest.

Whatever you say, that was the most amazing start this season, if not ever, with a car that is normally 17th fastest.
This. A whole bunch of guys were on softs and they didn't pass THAT many people.

George Russell staying at Williams.
Alfa Romeo staying with their lineup in 2021.

Looks like there are three potentially open seats for four drivers: two at Haas and one at Red Bull with Perez, Hulkenberg, Schumacher, and Mazepin as the front runners.

...which would leave Perez without a seat

If I were Haas I’d try to get Perez over Mazepin because of his ability to help the engineers with a car. They’re both pay drivers, essentially.

That was the most awesome qualifying since ages!!!! I'd prefered perez over stroll though...

And that also closes the door on merc taking all poles this season

Last edited:
Well, that was a race now wasn't it? Despite a Hamilton win, I couldn't turn away for a single lap. Wow wow wow.

Though I call "crap excuse" on Racing Point's 5-tweet-long explanation for why Lance Stroll had tire issues.

Well, that was a race now wasn't it? Despite a Hamilton win, I couldn't turn away for a single lap. Wow wow wow.

Though I call "crap excuse" on Racing Point's 5-tweet-long explanation for why Lance Stroll had tire issues.

I can't agree. That was a race until it was clear Hamilton would win again. Not even a race with a 'leveling playing field' of the tricky track conditions and a shit starting position resulted in a surprising race winner. Pierre Gasly season MVP now.

who knew...when conditions get tricky, the best rise to the top? how unexpected!

and it wasn't hamilton who won...it was verstappen who lost...it was his race, and he threw it away by being impatient