2020 F1 season thread

who knew...when conditions get tricky, the best rise to the top? how unexpected!

and it wasn't hamilton who won...it was verstappen who lost...it was his race, and he threw it away by being impatient
So you say the best won it and it was expected; and then proceed to say it was all due to someone else's mistakes. It's incomaptible mate.

verstappen is equally as good as hamilton, he was just impatient
if he hadn't he'd been first, with hamilton second

HOLY SHIT!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

That was one nasty accident. I don't think he would have survived without halo.
This is the same impact that killed Jochen Rindt

So glad those cars are this safe!

Also, this time the Halo system has proven itself beyond measure.

So much news today, but first, I'm so happy to see that Grosjean is doing well. That Halo is an absolute life saver.

So, we have a new driver at Haas, a world champion with COVID, and who is going to take his seat? Vandoorne is the likely choice, but I keep hoping for George Russell, to be honest.

Well, hopes can come true. Russell driving for Mercedes this weekend with a 1st timer taking his Williams seat. Meanwhile, Mick has been confirmed for Haas next year, Romain has been released from the hospital, and Haas is giving someone else an F1 debut in Romain's car this weekend. Should be a blast!

And Mazepin was confirmed too (I'm calling him Marzipan, because I can).

Shame they didn't give Stoffel another chance, but I get why they want Russell... hope he impresses in the best car in the world...

Shame they didn't give Stoffel another chance, but I get why they want Russell...

this.

the buthurt on the facebookpage of stoffel's fanclub is hilarious!
i was hoping he would get a change, but never expected him to

GEORGE!!!!

What the hell happened to Mercedes?!

apparently, there was one tire-dude whose headset didn't work
suddenly everyone jumped up to do the pit stop, and he had no idea what was happening

and in the confusion, he grabbed a tyre of valtteri instead of russel

congrats to perez! i hope so hard rb just dump albon, and put perez in his seat
and how would bottas be feeling? being bested all year long by lewis, then finally he gets his shot, and still being bested
his moral must be in devastated

So, anyone still thinks it's not the car?
and how would bottas be feeling? being bested all year long by lewis, then finally he gets his shot, and still being bested

I think it just goes to show just how tailor made this year Mercedes is to Hamilton's driving style, which Russel might feel comfortable enough with to squeeze that performance out while Bottas is around feeling like he's wearing someone else's shoes. Same goes for the Ferrari and Leclerc, and the Red Bull and Verstappen.
Just think back to a half a dozen years ago, you didn't have these massive gaps between team mates. Heck, Hamilton is 7 and not 8 times champion cos they made compromises to fit both team mates back then. Vettel vs Webber battles were great. Now it's one car in the top positions, the other one fighting for 10th.

Perez, I'm still not a fan, he's just not an exciting driver for me to watch
Hopefully Russel will have his chance to show his skills again. I'm not seeing Mercedes promoting him to Bottas' seat because that would upset His Hamiltonness.