Ownership Verified: 2020 Kia Telluride

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
Nice. How hard was it to get one of these? Apparently they're still in very high demand, being bought as soon as they arrive, etc.

Of course it would be you to buy one of these.

Congrats!

Nice. How hard was it to get one of these? Apparently they're still in very high demand, being bought as soon as they arrive, etc.

Yeah, you're right. It's the hottest seller in Kia's lineup right now and one of the most popular 3 row SUVs on the market currently, due to the buzz and the universally glowing reviews of the car. Also every Kia dealership knows this and attaches offensively large ADM's to their cars because they know they can move them. (for example some dealerships will attach anywhere between $5-10K ADM on their top trim models and then 'offer' you a few thousand off that ADM as a 'deal' (you're still paying some ADM)

Took me forever to find a dealership in the area willing to negotitate reasonably and ended up getting mine about $500 over MSRP (getting below MSRP is IMPOSSIBLE for this model year at least) and I had to drive about an hr of out town. Plus I was trading in my old car (they offered me a reasonable and fair value that lined up close with KBB trade in values) so getting a car out of state was out of the question and I did not want to put up with the BS of selling my old car private, especially since its not a particularly rare or special car, and in this era of Covid, had zero interest in meeting random strangers.

Nice!

Though, I think is quite odd how halogen is still a standard issue on cars these days. Even my Golf GTI.... If there's LED taillights, why can't the main beams be LED?

Nice!

Though, I think is quite odd how halogen is still a standard issue on cars these days. Even my Golf GTI.... If there's LED taillights, why can't the main beams be LED?

Weird cost cutting choice, LED front headlights is standard on the top trim SX model but on all the lower trims they chose to go with halogens in projector housings.

2020-kia-telluride-first-drive.jpg

I think it's less of a "cost cutting" and more of an "upsell check-box".

"If you upgrade to the next package with all this other shit you don't need, you can also get headlights that actually work."

I think it's less of a "cost cutting" and more of an "upsell check-box".

"If you upgrade to the next package with all this other shit you don't need, you can also get headlights that actually work."

That is true as well. What the top trim SX also has my car does not:

front parking sensors (something that should have been included in my trim level)
2nd panoramic moonroof (don't want and don't care, the kids dont need that extra sun)
homelink garage door opener buttons on mirror (again, this should have been standard on my car)
high trim Nappa leather interior (again don't care about this, the cheap leatherette seats are fine, especially since the kids will just mess up good leather)
heated/cooled 2nd row captains chair seats (again unnecessary luxury I don't care about).

Those are the about the only options differences, rest are identical.

Can I recommend a good set of seat covers to protect your interior? Not just for the rear, but the back of the front seats. I have been really happy with my CoverKing seat covers.

Can I recommend a good set of seat covers to protect your interior? Not just for the rear, but the back of the front seats. I have been really happy with my CoverKing seat covers.

Thanks, I'll maybe consider them for the 2nd row captains chairs

How much do you like your kids and how much do you like your car?

If you like the car more than the kids: get neoprene. It's waterproof but also causes swass on hot days.
If you like the kids more than the car: Get something that breathes; it won't protect the seat from liquid spills as well, but it will be more comfortable.

It seems to be an American market thing. You guys like your V8's, but seeing where you're going at night is not a priority. :p

It seems to be an American market thing. You guys like your V8's, but seeing where you're going at night is not a priority. :p
It's the ass backward DOT regulations on headlights. They take years to realize a new technology might actually be good, and then spend several more with their heads up their asses before finally approving it.

It's the ass backward DOT regulations on headlights. They take years to realize a new technology might actually be good, and then spend several more with their heads up their asses before finally approving it.
This. Remember how long we stuck with sealed beams because the DOT thought they were better?

Last year for road trip and ringmeet, I had a Ford S-max that had dynamic headlights. The shutters working to keep high beams up but not blinding people was a magnificent thing to have and it’s annoying how we probably won’t see that for quite some time if ever here.