Ownership Verified: 2020 Kia Telluride

Quite an improvement.

What a chunky nugget, the wheel/tire combo make it. :)

Okay, now I love it without chrome ... In these conditions it looks awesome!

Looks ace in the dirt and the snow, without the chrome and shiny wheels there's no risk of losing it against the white background too. :D

FB_IMG_1610645152172.jpg

Was grabbing lunch outside and took a quick vanity shot ??

Unbelievable, you'd think with thicker chunky all terrain tires I wouldn't have to worry as much about tire punctures, I was driving early to work yesterday morning and my TPMS alerted.

received_708003510003889.jpeg

When I pulled over to check out the problem I could hear it losing air quickly (and loudly). It turned out this nasty shard of metal was the culprit, it sliced deep and wide into the tire tread.

received_1105508033291199.jpeg

So with less than a mile to go, I filled a little more air to bring the PSI above 20 and limped into my work parking lot where I had to let the tire completely deflate and rush into work to get started. Once I had a break I called roadside assistance where they helped me throw on the spare in less than 10 min.

received_974109423328386-jpeg.3560984

Attachments

• received_974109423328386.jpeg
    received_974109423328386.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 338
Luckily a major tire chain store was around the block from my workplace, I took the car over there during a lunch break where they immediately concluded a patch was not a safe or reliable option and we ordered a new replacement tire. I thought the replacement wouldn't arrive for a couple days but they were able to source one in a few hrs and the Telluride was ready for pick up by the end of the day.

For $200 out of my pocket and some headaches and stress in the morning, things could have ended up much much worse.

I think It was BFGoodrich that started adding a Kevlar layer to their All Terrians? Or is that their Mud-Terrian tire?

I think It was BFGoodrich that started adding a Kevlar layer to their All Terrians? Or is that their Mud-Terrian tire?
Goodyear added it to their Wrangler tyres, but only to the sidewalls. That's the most vulnerable area off road but it won't help normal punctures unfortunately. I bet I could pick up punctures in my extreme tyres if I was really unlucky and those have 21mm of tread depth.