2021 Ford Bronco trim/color/options decoded

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Something I'm seeing, it looks like the V6 egoboost is only possible with the 10-speed....

Also, freebie!

Capture.PNG

Here's the specs.

Capture.PNG

Bottle opening shown.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Not everyone wants a full on off road machine.

That's a great point. A lot more people want to go hiking, skiing, boating, or just doing small scale farming than hardcore off roading. They want something which won't leave them stranded on the road to the trail head, or that can make it across the field.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
What I enjoy about both types is they're not just another fishbowl or egg because "thats what the computer spit out" for absolute efficiency of aerodynamics. If you're buying an SUV, I don't think fuel mileage is on the forefront of your thinking unless you have brain damage.

GRtak

Forum Addict
https://www.motor1.com/news/434165/ford-bronco-goodyear-wrangler-tires/amp/

Ford To Goodyear: Get 'Wrangler' Off The Bronco's Tires

Goodyear to Ford: I got you, boo.

Automakers are like politicians – they're loathe to acknowledge a rival. Instead, other brands and their products are “the competition,” or something similar. But in developing the 2021 Ford Bronco to beat the snot out of the Jeep Wrangler, the Blue Oval ran into an issue: one of the most popular off-road tires on the market is the Goodyear… Wrangler. Oh dear.

It just wouldn't do for Ford's most significant new product in years to feature its arch-rival's name five separate times on the exterior. After all, how silly would a Mustang look with “Camaro” all over it, or an F-150 with multiple “Ram” logos? Exactly. And that's why when the new Bronco arrives in Spring 2021, it will do so with special Goodyear tires that lack the typical Wrangler badging. But not entirely.

There is a bit more at the link, but you get the idea. They could of called Firestone and had them make tires for them again, but I guess that would just open a different can of worms they wanted to deal with less.

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
They burned that bridge spectacularly. I am guessing that since then Ford and Goodyear have developed a pretty strong relationship.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
Goodyear Wrangler? Really? There are other brands....

BF Goodrich All Terrian not good enough? General Grabber line which is owned by Continental not available? Hankook Dynapro? I don't get this narrow mindset because it's not like Ford hasn't purchased tires from of those brands in the past.

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
DONOR
Car(s)
F150, CJ7, Mustang GT, Tenere, Griso
Both of my recent F150s came shod with extra shitty Goodyear Wrangler street terrain tires. Why I have no idea, they were junk. Yet somehow my brother who also bought a couple of F150s around the same time got Michelin LTX on both of his, brand new.

They should just make BFGs standard.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
Goodyear Wrangler? Really? There are other brands....

BF Goodrich All Terrian not good enough? General Grabber line which is owned by Continental not available? Hankook Dynapro? I don't get this narrow mindset because it's not like Ford hasn't purchased tires from of those brands in the past.
The only one on that list that stands with the Wrangler in terms of quality and ability is the BF Goodrich. The General and Hankook are okay, but not great tires.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
The only one on that list that stands with the Wrangler in terms of quality and ability is the BF Goodrich. The General and Hankook are okay, but not great tires.

Well to be honest, what brand puts factory tires on a car that aren't completely crap just acceptable anyways? Not counting super cars.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
Car(s)
3 of them
Any company that doesn't want a repeat of the Ford/Firestone mess? My car came stock with Goodyear Eagle RS-A's, for instance.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
Any company that doesn't want a repeat of the Ford/Firestone mess? My car came stock with Goodyear Eagle RS-A's, for instance.

That was down to Fords insistence on low tire pressure making the ride of the Explorer to have a smooth ride. Squishy tires also have adverse affects.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
Car(s)
3 of them
That was down to Fords insistence on low tire pressure making the ride of the Explorer to have a smooth ride. Squishy tires also have adverse affects.

This is besides the point (and not entirely accurate, more on that later). Whatever the reason, people began associating both Explorers and Firestone tires with "this will roll over if I so much as turn the wheel". Not good for business.

As for the Firestone debacle, everyone was to blame on that one. Similar Explorers wearing Goodyear tires were not as likely to have blowouts and roll over, for instance. But testing also revealed that any Explorer was still more likely to do so than competing models (Ford apparently not learning their lessons from the Bronco II). But that is not relevant to this thread.

dxedm93tf7451.jpg

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
Well to be honest, what brand puts factory tires on a car that aren't completely crap just acceptable anyways? Not counting super cars.
The Wrangler Rubicon comes with BF Goodrich TA KM3 Mud Terrains.