2021 Formula 1 Season Thread

Felt like a manufactured end to be honest.

df41b75b1a5c9aff96dbe5eb2d857da3aa67c9dd7382723903820b4880c3b5dd.jpg

I don't envy the stewards and race director's job those last few laps, it was a hard call and they did what they thought would be best, but they're human and we might have to say they did a mistake this time around. Having had some other questionable moments during the year doesn't help.

Mercedes will appeal but I don't think anything will stand, too much face to save.

It felt like a big shift in politics.

It felt refreshing.

It felt right after Merc's got his way for years, often in quite shady ways.

It feels like the rules need to be made clearer and that the team principals shouldn't have access to the Race Director to try lobbying him. Wolff's way of talking to him was really inappropriate.

It feels like, all year considered, Max deserved the title more.

The whole ‘let’s play the messages to the fia on the air’ is damaging to the sport IMO. I naively thought the FIA were the law and then they went like ‘what if I offer you this?’

I’m happy with Max being crowned champion but I fear it will always be stained with the ‘he was gifted the wdc by the fia because they were sick of Mercedes winning’

Which is unfair. Max was the best driver this year, period

Oh, an F1 season ending with a controversy? That has never happened before. I swear... :dunno:

True, but it has been forever ago. And that was before twitter trolls and people on instagram making a big deal of minor things