Ownership Verified: 2021 Mini Cooper S 2-door Hardtop

Oil has been changed and door seals no longer squeak when the glass zips back up after opening or closing the door. It was something weird to go in, get serviced, and walk out without having to pay a penny. The $100 to transfer the 3 year service contract over to me has already paid for itself! In a year or two, I'll look into extending it; it's rather nice not to have to worry about basic maintenance for a while.

Oil has been changed and door seals no longer squeak when the glass zips back up after opening or closing the door. It was something weird to go in, get serviced, and walk out without having to pay a penny. The $100 to transfer the 3 year service contract over to me has already paid for itself! In a year or two, I'll look into extending it; it's rather nice not to have to worry about basic maintenance for a while.
This is why people lease/only drive new cars - Hassle free for $years .

Stupid sales always getting you to spend money...

Wireless charger being installed in a few weeks. YouTube video makes it look pretty plug-and-play, which I really like.

Before, during, after, and showing that I still have all my old ports even after the installation of wireless charging pad. It took about 15 minutes to install. All in all, yes it was more expensive than I would have liked, but considering there are no vampire clips and the installation was so easy and it looks incredibly OEM, I think it's money well spent.

Attachments

• IMG_2121.jpeg
    IMG_2121.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2122.jpeg
    IMG_2122.jpeg
    709.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2128.jpeg
    IMG_2128.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2129.jpeg
    IMG_2129.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
So, I don't drive leave the house all that much because I've been working from home since 9/2019, so yesterday was the first time I took the Mini for a spin. First of all, I need a quick wash because it's murder everybody with pollen season (see attachment). Second, the charging tray is spectacular. It's got a little flex to it when you put weight on it beyond a phone. It holds up a phone just fine, but if you push on it, it'll flex. That's the only way I can tell it's not OEM. Otherwise, it looks really good. I think it's not super thrilled with the power flow from engine stop/start, but it also may have been because I didn't put it back 100% lined up when I was taking a photo of this yellow RUF I saw while driving.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 9.24.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 9.24.00 AM.png
    519.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2176.jpeg
    IMG_2176.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
Booked an appointment to have tints done on Thursday. Meanwhile, probably time for a nice wash and an interior shine and vacuum this weekend before the F1.

And I had to push it out almost a week. Coworker who is one of those "good to know" kind of folks is down to do a runDisney event this week, so he cleared a 2 hour lunch with my boss when I'd be getting the car tinted. It seems like a good career move to bump the tint a week.

Now with 65% less visible light transmission!

Attachments

• IMG_2427.jpeg
    IMG_2427.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 64
More happy miles have been driven, and thus a wash was required. I really do love this blue more and more and more. I know I originally wanted BRG, but this car does look spectacular, and having the ceramic coating means washing is pretty low effort with a pressure washer and foam cannon.

Attachments

• IMG_3181.jpeg
    IMG_3181.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 47
Quite a few things have happened. I'm coming up on 20,000 miles driven in the car, and I'm still averaging well over 34 mpg, which I'm very happy about. I still love this car very much.

I have to get the passenger side window re-tinted as just before Valentine's Day, my car was broken into. I must have been followed after buying a Tiffany bracelet for my now-wife to give her as a surprise present on our wedding day, and then have been going through quite the ordeal to get the window fixed "properly." Safelite came out and replaced the glass, but didn't have the right tools, so on Valentine's Day itself my now-wife-then-fiance had to drive to a brick-and-mortar store to get the window replaced. And then, that started the saga of the sagging window.

Minis come with frameless glass that dips when you open the door. However, when replacing the glass, something didn't go right because after about a month, the glass had fallen over half an inch from where it should have been and was making hideous whistling noises on the highway. Three times, approximately once every month, Safelite came back to do warranty repairs and three times it once again sagged down. They then said it was a broken window regulator, it must be, and they'd be happy to replace it if I paid them. Seeing as the car only has 18,000 miles on it, I took it to Mini instead, who said that Safelite might not have tightened the gear mechanisms in and around the regulator, and to keep an eye on it. Mini isn't ruling out a failed regulator, but it's been a few weeks since I had them work on the car and it seems to be holding. I'll let you know.

Additionally, I've acquired a Dr. Color Chip kit to fill in a few paint chips on the bonnet of the car and the scratches left from the break-in. We'll see how that goes.

And for the record, my parents were able to get get another bracelet for me and brought it down with them from Connecticut, so the surprise went off without a hitch. Until the bracelet broke. So we went to Tiffany and they replaced it. What an ordeal.