2022 F1 thread

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
Kia EV6 "Mullet"
Erm the season has kinda already started and no thread? What gives? Nobody cares anymore?

Anyway, almost Ferrari 1-2, Max just not quick enough for P1. Merc looks to be in trouble, being beaten by supersub Magnussen in a lowly Haas.

Mclaren also WAY off the pace. Interesting stuff!

I sort of do? But I’m not somebody who can dissect every detail and debate it for hours.

LH was so lucky.

Great to see Ferrari with bags of pace.

So that was definitely a thing. RB looking awesome (but Ferrari even more) and then 3 laps from the end it all goed to shit.
Interesting.

Also, what was Verstappens issue with the steering, I doubt this was something that happened during the pitstop?

Also also, Leclerc and Verstappen passing and repassing each other was ace! Good to see they can follow so closely in the corners. DRS is still way too powerful though

Verstappen’s steering rod was damaged by the front jack during his pit stop.

Well dayum. That was a big shunt for Mick. Apparently he's OK but won't race out of precaution.
Will they now flatten that kerb or not? It nearly spat out Alonso and a couple of other drivers aswell...

This track is cursed. Between the attack, the human rights violations, and it's propensity to destroy cars left and right, I'd be fine never coming back. I don't care how fast the average speed is.

So, The "it's Vegas Baby" Grand Prix will be added for next year. I think it will be equal parts awesomeness and cringe.
Still, a 6 km track is pretty decent, and 340+ kph in a CITY track is .... well damn.

Hoping for more good racing and less Saudi Arabia style crashes?

I'd be considering going but looking at what they're charging for Miami (no general admission, no single day tickets, base prices around $1,200), I can only imagine what Vegas is going to run. TBNT.

yeah that is unfortunately a thing now. There are no "cheap" seats or tickets available anymore. Even Spa charges you atleast 200€ if you want to spend an entire day sitting in the mud and rain, and a multitude of that amount if you want opulent luxuries like "an seat" and "an roof"

They'll still sell out though, don't get me wrong...

Also, 4 (FOUR) DRS zones in Oz this weekend. The hype is real!

200 euros a day? Well that's downright reasonable compared to Miami! But a seat... now that's a true luxury. I think I'll continue to be an at-home viewer for the foreseeable.

The athmosphere is worth it though.

Also, 3 DRS zones afterall. And after another case of bad luck for Max it looks like it'll be Leclerc vs Russell? Who would have thought?
Also also, worst luck ever for Seb Vettel this time around ..

Oh, I bet. I'm just saying that $1,200 for a full weekend in Miami is NOT worth it for me, because that's tickets-only. Hotels are $250-$300/night, plus food, plus parking... I'd love to be there because for $2,000 it's not worth it for me. That's a new iPad plus a case plus a new Mac mini, and then some.

Oh, I bet. I'm just saying that $1,200 for a full weekend in Miami is NOT worth it for me, because that's tickets-only. Hotels are $250-$300/night, plus food, plus parking... I'd love to be there because for $2,000 it's not worth it for me. That's a new iPad plus a case plus a new Mac mini, and then some.
Some Cuban bbq as well, don’t forget!

If I want Miami and Cuban BBQ, I'll go down on a weekend that ISN'T an F1 weekend ;) It's only a 3 hour drive!

Read somewhere it was cheaper to fly business class to Italy, with hotel and Imola tickets than just the tickets for the Miami parking lot GP.