2022 Ford Maverick

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Frontier Pro-4X - BRZ - D21 Hardbody
After literal years of speculation, it's here, a small truck from Ford.

Looks quite interesting. Standard hybrid, 40 mpg, 4.5' bed (~1.5 m), etc. and starts at just a little over $21k. I could see this being quite the little money maker for Ford. The payload and towing isn't bad either 1,500/4,000 respectively.

Only time will tell if the small truck market is coming back...

Official car of John McCain?

I wonder if it's built to support a future all-EV version, with it's own mini-"Mega Frunk". I would hope so, especially since there's no in-bed stowage.

The geometric pattern is cool, but the grey plastic looks like a plastic utility sink, and the darker plastics don't look like they will age well:
1623178193563.png

1623178351496.png

Keep in mind this is the cheapest offering from Ford now. So a few hard surfaces and the like are par for the course.

Honestly I don't mind hard plastics as long as they stay usable and don't turn to brittle crap after a 10 years (I'm looking at you Dodge).

It's the Explorer Sport Trac reborn. It's nice, I guess.

After literal years of speculation, it's here, a small truck from Ford.

Looks quite interesting. Standard hybrid, 40 mpg, 4.5' bed (~1.5 m), etc. and starts at just a little over $21k. I could see this being quite the little money maker for Ford. The payload and towing isn't bad either 1,500/4,000 respectively.

Only time will tell if the small truck market is coming back...
"small"

Still something like 7" narrower than a 1990 F-150, and has a 4.5ft bed. You want a truck to be able to carry a 4x8 sheet. This will do it, up on the wheel wells, and you have to put down the tailgate so that enough of the 8ft length in the bed that it won't tip out the back, and partially lift the tailgate up to help hold it in place. Can't really get much smaller than that, unless it's also a 2-door...and there's not going to be much demand for that outside of fleets.

Still something like 7" narrower than a 1990 F-150, and has a 4.5ft bed. You want a truck to be able to carry a 4x8 sheet. This will do it, up on the wheel wells, and you have to put down the tailgate so that enough of the 8ft length in the bed that it won't tip out the back, and partially lift the tailgate up to help hold it in place. Can't really get much smaller than that, unless it's also a 2-door...and there's not going to be much demand for that outside of fleets.

So it basically cannot carry a 4x8 sheet? :p

This is the new Fiesta.

Wait, hear me out. The Fiesta was introduced to replace the old Ranger. Ford found that most people buying the Ranger wanted the cheapest new vehicle they could get, which at the time was the small pickup in Ford's lineup. Ford decided people would rather buy a cheap fuel-efficient car over a cheap body-on-frame truck; this is why the old Ranger was killed off and the Fiesta was brought to the US. With the Fiesta gone, the Maverick will be the least expensive new vehicle in the lineup and, whether or not Ford intended this, it will be the new Fiesta.

This is the new Fiesta.

Wait, hear me out. The Fiesta was introduced to replace the old Ranger. Ford found that most people buying the Ranger wanted the cheapest new vehicle they could get, which at the time was the small pickup in Ford's lineup. Ford decided people would rather buy a cheap fuel-efficient car over a cheap body-on-frame truck; this is why the old Ranger was killed off and the Fiesta was brought to the US. With the Fiesta gone, the Maverick will be the least expensive new vehicle in the lineup and, whether or not Ford intended this, it will be the new Fiesta.

Well, when you taint the fiesta and focus name with crap transmissions, ignoring the problem while offering nothing but pickups and SUV’s…. This is what you get.

I’m not mad, because it’s apparently what people want.

This is the new Fiesta.

Yup, absolutely this. But this might get better MPG than a Fiesta, while being semi-useful. It's win win.