2022 GMC HUMMER EV

GRtak

Forum Addict

1603243331216.png

That's going to be the fanciest car at the Starbucks.

This monster as well as the apocalyptic intro to the video perfectly embody so much that is wrong with today’s automotive industry... ?‍♂

... so it’ll probably be a huge commercial success (although it might just be a little too expensive for that).

I thought the cover of Led Zepplin's "Immigrant Song" was perfectly suited to the product - a remake that no one asked for.

It's very weird when a car with a thousand horsepower and alleged enough torque to pull the factory it was built in is met with those reactions.

As for me, I am quietly excited for it. I especially like the light bar, maybe this time it won't get associated with a vacuum cleaner.

I thought the cover of Led Zepplin's "Immigrant Song" was perfectly suited to the product - a remake that no one asked for.

As a fan of Trent Reznor, Aticus Ross, and Karen O, I want to take offence...but I can't say you're wrong. :)

As for me, I am quietly excited for it. I especially like the light bar, maybe this time it won't get associated with a vacuum cleaner.

"Crabwalk", under-body clearance cameras and 6" lift?

[obamanotbad.jpg]

$112K for the top-end model? Tesla's Model S Performance w/ Ludicrous Mode is $119K.

You should really be comparing it to the Tesla Cybertruck, not the Model S.

You should really be comparing it to the Tesla Cybertruck, not the Model S.

Sort of. GMC is starting with the highest-end model first, with the lower-price models coming later...while Tesla's higher-end models aren't coming until late 2022 (at the earliest, if Tesla's set any precedent on meeting launch timelines)

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2020/10/gm-says-no-haggling-on-hummers/

GM Says No Haggling on Hummers

With the Hummer EV Edition 1 selling out over what would constitute an extended lunch break, General Motors is clearly aware it has a hot commodity on its hands. While that may not continue into subsequent model years, the electrified monstrosity is seeing demand comparable to what we witnessed with Dodge’s Demon and GM has a similar solution in mind.

Rather than allowing dealers to see what they can get away with on the standard Hummer pickup when it goes on sale next year, GMC will be implementing a strict no-haggling policy. That’s undoubtedly going to be a blow to dealers thinking they could clean up on markups and a blessing to customers who don’t want to spend a few extra grand on their already expensive midlife crisis.

Of course, the inverse would be true if Hummer were a mass-market runabout and not a $112,600 showpiece vehicle. If you’re not trying to talk the sales staff down on an Arcadia or Canyon, you’re acting like an imbecile. But the Hummer is a different beast and makes it easier for General Motors to rationalize (and perhaps test) no-haggle pricing.

Automotive News confirmed the decision on Wednesday after tapping into an investor’s call.

“There will be no incentives. There will be no trickery,” Duncan Aldred, vice president of global Buick and GMC, explained. “We are trying to construct a dealer margin in such a fashion that it really is a no-haggle price.”

“[GMC will] deliver a one-price experience for the customer from the brand, from the website, right through to the dealer level.”

Aldred added that about half of the eligible dealerships have already elected to sell the Hummer. It’s scheduled to arrive next fall as a 2022 model year vehicle, starting with the limited (and premium) Edition 1 trim. But GMC plans on offering multiple trims and body styles.

The limited Edition 1 sold out in about 10 minutes.

"Sold out" = lots of people put down a $100 deposit, no?

"Sold out" = lots of people put down a $100 deposit, no?

I am pretty sure it was a more substantial amount than that, but it is just a deposit at this point.

It’s the Chevy avalanche all over. No, do not like.

I like the front, but the rest doesn't work for me. It may be the two tone paint job. Not a fan of the interior, I see it dating horribly in a decade.

The truck will sell well to the same market the original did. It's a Hummer without the guilt.

I am pretty sure it was a more substantial amount than that, but it is just a deposit at this point.
Either way, my point is the same. Deposits are not sales.