2022 Nissan Frontier & Pathfinder (North America)

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Frontier Pro-4X - BRZ - D21 Hardbody

2022-frontier-9.png

2022-nissan-pathfinder-l-24.png

Pathfinder: useless off road, 20" rims, and even the promotional images show smooth-as-glass desert lakebeds or 1" of snow on a highway. It's a soccer mom mobile. But hey, at least it doesn't have a CVT.

Here's how I imagine a conversation about the Pathfinder:

Jeep: "We make fun off road vehicles that sell by the dozen."
Toyota: "We have the TRD Pro 4Runner that's printing money and all over Instagram."
Ford: "We want a piece of that, let's bring back the Bronco!"
Jeep: "Hell yeah! About time you got back in the game!"
Nissan: "I'm going to cancel the Xterra and make the Pathfinder a FWD biased AWD crossover!"
Jeep, Toyota, and Ford: (look around uncomfortably.)
Ford: "You sure about that, Nissan? I mean, you kind of have a history of building awesome off roaders"
Toyota: "Yeah, the Patrol was the only real competition to the Land Cruiser for decades, what happened?"
Nissan: (resumes licking the windows)
Jeep: "Uh, why don't you go hang out with GM and talk about the Blazer. We're... uh... going over here."

Frontier: The profile is a Tacoma, the color is right from Tacoma. The hood is super high and bulky, so the 360 degree cameras are going to be necessary for off road use. We don't have ground clearance, breakover, approach, or departure angles yet, no idea on pricing and no EPA fuel economy numbers. The overall look is good, the interior is nice - it's going to be a competent midsize truck, but they will have to undercut Toyota to make a dent in the market; especially with the relatively low tow rating compared to Gladiator and Ranger.

Last edited:
And now here are lightly camo'd pictures of how the base model looks.

2022-nissan-frontier-king-cab-base.png

2022-nissan-frontier-king-cab-rear.png

Nissan-Frontier-2022-1-780x470.png