2022 Subaru BRZ

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Frontier Pro-4X - BRZ - D21 Hardbody
dims.jpeg

dims (1).jpeg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoblog.com/amp/2020/11/18/2022-subaru-brz-revealed/

Front makes me think new Supra while the back looks like a Buick. :|

I will admire them on the street.

There is more than a little DB10 in that. I like it.

That design has a lot going on. Front vents remind me of the old CRZ, the nose is pretty Supra as @93Flareside, the middle looks like a 350/370Z and the back is most certainly a car. Not quite sure about the mix of swoopy curves and angles but it ain't ugly.

I'm not sure I could consider it with a boxer, with a normal engine and the top lopped off it could've been a modern S2000 equivalent.

Like I said earlier on the grams, I think they did a good job. They fixed most of the detailing that rubbed me the wrong way, and even if there's a lot that's generic about it, it's just because Subaru hasn't really had its own design language almost ever. Everything that's been on a Subaru is an appropriation of something on something else. The proportions are still as is ish, but now it no longer looks like a car that's gotten some light clusters crudely slapped on it.

Edit: Not a surprise if it doesn't come here. Subaru is minuscule in Europe and a non-electrified offering is one thing they don't need.

I think the front has a bit of Porsche and the back is what the Supra should have looked like.

Someone on Reddit compared the two!

E051D710-E4B6-44FF-8D30-C977287E1F97.jpeg

I still see more "Civic meets Supra"

I think the front has a bit of Porsche and the back is what the Supra should have looked like.
Yeah, the front immediately made me think "Cayman" and I like that.

Yeah, the front immediately made me think "Cayman" and I like that.
Ah so that's where I recognised the lights from. I couldn't place them at first but knew they looked familiar.

I think it looks good a bit like the Z and bit like all cars of it's type.

Toyota builds this more or less for Suburu. BMW builds the Supra for Toyota. Meanwhile design is becoming fantastic. Bizarre future.

Cats and dogs living together!

I am happy that cars are looking good though.

I bet this will look much better in meatspace (metalspace?), and possibly in black. I’m quite biased, but I always felt the similarly about mine as well.