James May: 20th Century starts on July 10

Evo7

Not A Dude
Car(s)
Ford Capri Laser 1.6 and a M reg pegeot 205 lol
I dont think this show is near the standard of anything else hes been in, but its watchable at least.

Its a bit like brainiac but more interlectual which is probably why I found it a bit too boring sometimes. Him making nylon was interesting though.

And I used to like his long hair, now it just looks as if birds could nest inside it.

LoneWolf

I dont think this show is near the standard of anything else hes been in, but its watchable at least.

Its a bit like brainiac but more interlectual which is probably why I found it a bit too boring sometimes. Him making nylon was interesting though.

And I used to like his long hair, now it just looks as if birds could nest inside it.
I can imagine those very same topics being covered on something like Discovery but 10 times more boring, so having Slow cover them is quite amusing, for me at least.

Short hair simply won't suit James, and probably never will, but yes you're right, it does seem to be a bit too long at present.

Crikey, what am I doing, commenting on a middle aged man's hair?! o_O

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
I dunno if this has been posted... but i got the 'information pack'... it sucks. :D

akis333

Car(s)
Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Are these series over? Cause I thought that they were on broadcast every Tuesday
,but after episodes 5 and 6 , I haven't seen another one out.

Donington

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'05 Honda Civic Type-R
Yeah, it's over and I only caught the final two episodes :(. They were good though.

Donington

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'05 Honda Civic Type-R
Wow, I've seen an episode where he flies in a Dehavilland Dragon Rapide. That Rapide is the sister plane to the one I went in at Duxford six years ago! I went in G-AIYR, whereas he went in G-AKIF. They are owned by classic wings and do flights over Duxford, Cambridge (which I did) and London. I was actually going to go on G-AKIF, but it broke down! Both can be seen here. Lovely planes.

ttyrants911

Car(s)
Vectra 1.8VVT
Apparently it was to hold a higher percentage of the ratings. Research showed it was more beneficial to have two shows together rather than each one separately. I read it somewhere on the BBC website ages ago but I'm sorry there is no link, I have slept since then!;)

LoneWolf

Apparently it was to hold a higher percentage of the ratings. Research showed it was more beneficial to have two shows together rather than each one separately. I read it somewhere on the BBC website ages ago but I'm sorry there is no link, I have slept since then!;)
Hmm, wouldn't it have been better then to make the episodes an hour long instead of half hour each? :think:

Alasondro Alegré

yeah, he mentions this in the radio interview I posted. they were told the show would get a better time slot if they showed it as double bills

HarLeQuiN

I can imagine those very same topics being covered on something like Discovery but 10 times more boring, so having Slow cover them is quite amusing, for me at least.

Short hair simply won't suit James, and probably never will, but yes you're right, it does seem to be a bit too long at present.

Crikey, what am I doing, commenting on a middle aged man's hair?! o_O

Most people have probably seen it, but this pic was from Have I got News For You a few months ago.
http://www.phyrefile.com/pic/2007/08/09/jamesmay.jpg
I don't think it suits him.

I did like the episodes though, they were quite interesting.