[20x01] June 30th, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
And here we go... First new episode description up on Radio Times:

The motoring magazine returns, as Jeremy Clarkson and James May head to New Zealand to take part in a race along the coastline to the tip of the North Island - with one behind the wheel of a car and the other in an America's Cup yacht. Back in the UK, Richard Hammond tries out three hot hatches as he puts the Renaultsport Clio 200, Peugeot 208 GTi and Ford Fiesta ST through their paces, and a host of stars assemble at the test track to welcome a new Reasonably Priced Car.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/ckmdfw/top-gear--series-20---episode-1

Note: It's also confirmed to air 1 week later in the US, as per last series.

Last edited:
Would love to see one of the VW-GTI's (Polo!) back on the track (last one was the Golf V GTI right?), but well, allright. Sounds like good fun, this episode...

A new reasonably priced car? The Kia is that bad? Or an excuse to bring back the more popular guests sooner.

Last edited:
The Liana was used from 2002-2006 (4 years), the Lacetti from 2006-2010(4 years) and this Ceeeeeeeeeeeee'd from 2010-2013 (only 3 years). They're changing it a couple of series or a year too early, which ever line you follow. Not really a large difference but still.

I really wonder what's coming now. Maybe just a new gen Cee'd since they're changing a year early..

I'm so out of it right now. Cheers, m8. :D

The show seems to have a good plot though; might do well with hardcore enthusiasts on FG. :p

Would love to see one of the VW-GTI's (Polo!) back on the track (last one was the Golf V GTI right?), but well, allright. Sounds like good fun, this episode...

Meh.. at least they're doing *a* hothatch film.

I *think* you're correct about the Mk. V being the last GTI on the track. But I guess they won't ignore the Mk. VII this series. It just went on sale a few weeks ago and comes with a few firsts for a Golf GTI - namely the performance-pack with its LSD and upgraded brakes.

BTW: One issue ago, "sport auto" did a comparison with this exact same lineup (plus the Polo). The Polo lost pretty badly. And I'm curious about TG's verdict on the Clio, which won the comparison but was considered a mild disappointment by the author when compared to its predecessor.

S.

They always claim they're uncut but I always notice things cut out on BBCA from the newer episodes.

The first time it is shown on Mondays is uncut and the repeats are cut. (or at least it was when I was watching BBCA)

The first time it is shown on Mondays is uncut and the repeats are cut. (or at least it was when I was watching BBCA)

Agree the first run is mostly uncut although they do occasionally change a few things like music (to avoid paying international license fees) and known problems. The episode where the boys took a roadtrip and pulled into a handicap spot at a petrol station (even though they had permission) they received a lot of complaints when it aired in the UK. By the time it aired in the US one week later, the handicap emblem had been photoshopped out of the film.

Real world cars and an epic mini race. Has potential.

Real world cars and an epic mini race. Has potential.

As does the lack of SIARPC. The first track meet (S8) was great; the last not so good. Here's hoping this one will be better.

As does the lack of SIARPC. The first track meet (S8) was great; the last not so good. Here's hoping this one will be better.

We'll be awaiting your recording report as usual :p

Since may is going on a racing yacht I wonder if they will reference the "Sailing? Really boring!!" line from Amphibious Cars part one.

I'll use spoiler tags for this, as it will soon be moved into the non-spoiler forum...

Some names have appeared on RadioTimes regarding the SIARPC party:

Warwick Davis (now that will be funny), Joss Stone, Rachel Riley, and Charles Dance.

Last edited:
"A new reasonably priced car"

If it's not the Dacia Sandero I'll write them an angry letter and I don't care if nobody reads it :shakefist:

I'll use spoiler tags for this, as it will soon be moved into the non-spoiler forum...

Some names have appeared on RadioTimes regarding the SIARPC party:

Warwick Davis (now that will be funny), Joss Stone, Rachel Riley, and Charles Dance.

Rachel Riley :drool:

"A new reasonably priced car"

If it's not the Dacia Sandero I'll write them an angry letter and I don't care if nobody reads it :shakefist:

Don't bother. It's a Vauxhall Astra. :barf:

Status
Not open for further replies.