[20x03] July 14th, 2013

• Total voters
NOT a boring track review
NOT so many boring "been there, done that" jokes
Obvious cars
Interesting view of the country they went to
SIARPC didn't do it for me

8/10

Having said that, did they really get away with having only one item on the whole show?

Last edited:
PS: i'm not sure the spaniards are gonna be happy to be shown as a ghost country :p

Yeah, I thought of that as well. It was not exactly represntative, but still a comment from a Spanish FG member may be enlightening.

Also, I'm curious where the abandoned "new" airport was, as used in the speed test, anyone know? (Gibraltar Airport is mentioned in the Spoilers section, but it's clearly not there.)

:smile:

An 8.5 for me.

The airport segment was epic; certainly one of the best single segments in TG history. And turning the town into a race circuit was brilliant.

Yep best this series so far - I liked the super cars they picked too - I'd have the McMerc myself, but hey, they were all acceptable IMHO. SIRPC was good too.

An awesome episode.

F458 now has gone the full circle, having been in the hands of every presenter in tests or roadtrips

Proper Top Gear. Nice Audi :D

Not much to say, because when an episode is good, well, then it is good.
9/10
First rewatchable episode for a while now.

Last edited:
Gave it a 9. It wasn't a Special, and thank buddah it wasn't, but it was proper. The challenge was witty, sensible, and properly done by the boys. Being german, I laughed quite a few times, especially at Lufthansa.
I was slightly distracted by the random hip hop and so forth music at the beginning of the 2nd and 3rd parts of the "special".
I skipped the SIARPC after 24 seconds because his voice annoyed me, and I've no idea who he is.
Nonetheless, I very much enjoyed this episode, except for the "weird for top gear" music at times.

EDIT: Oh. Chuffart! :lol: and the ape on the bike was on twitter, I like how they put that in the show.

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought of that as well. It was not exactly represntative, but still a comment from a Spanish FG member may be enlightening.

Also, I'm curious where the abandoned "new" airport was, as used in the speed test, anyone know? (Gibraltar Airport is mentioned in the Spoilers section, but it's clearly not there.)

:smile:
I believe it's the Ciudad Real Central Airport. There was a bit of news on it last year when it was closed down.

As for the episode, thoroughly enjoyed this week's show.

Im kind of biased as i prefer cars with roofs, but didn't like this one. Had my hopes up when they said they werent gonna drive expencive cars, but when i saw the cars i felt like i'd seen the episode before.-

I do have bad news, accidentally read next week's listing... It's gonna be TG comedy. :(

Last edited:
It is indeed Ciudad Real Central. ?1.1bn down the drain.

As for the episode, I'd have to write something similar to the first two: I enjoyed what was a solid episode. I gave this an 8 though, one point higher than episodes 1 and 2.

The film was pretty good, and nice to see that there was limited TG scripting (if any, I'll have to review), but I would have liked some different cars that we haven't seen on TG before. Benedict was a good guest and the news was great.

Best episode this season so far, prolly one of the best episodes for a couple of seasons tbh.
Gave it a 9/10.

SIARPC was the only let down for me, the rest oozed old great Top Gear.

Really impressed with that supercar review, very similar to Romania but still enjoyed it nevertheless.

Benedict is such a charmer, even if he's rubbish with car names.

9/10 for me.

9/10 For me. Funny, intelligent and most of all, entertaining.

That is the Top Gear we all know and love.

Way better than last super-car trip. Proper Top Gear.

It was little funny seeing R8 instead of one of the latest Gallardo editions, Lambo seems more suitable for such a company and would allow to focus on cars alone leaving behind irrelevant price and equipment differences

8/10, really enjoyed this one. Loved the cars, the location, the seemingly genuine calamities, and the banter.

Still annoys me that Jeremy thinks we Americans cast Brits as bad guys all the time though. The first time he brought it up was with Brian Cox, who always played an American bad guy, that I could remember. Benedict's character was an alien in Star Trek... and he wasn't the only bad guy in that film, nor the only British actor.