[20x04] July 21st, 2013

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Please stay on-topic. :)

It hasn't started yet, but I know this is the Carry On Flooding episode.? ? ? ??
Kickass music.
I'm bored with the SLS.
My car is limited to 85.
"Oh for God's sake." Correct Hammond.
Transit Fan :lmao:
More Kickass music. :cool:
Oh for fucks sake. It did remind me of Dwight and Michael though.
I like Hugh's honesty.
Of course it's faster with air con off.
I wonder what film is being made at Dunsfold?
James navigation?
I hate it soo much.
Argggggh
Transformers music.
?
Bag of shite.

?

Oh, who cares. I laughed. I laughed at the filming and I laughed again tonight. It's not going to win any oscars but that's not why I watch it.

I was surprised how good and in a way original I found Jeremy's Merc review. It was great fun. As was the girl in the crop top behind Hugh Jackman.

I can not say the same about the hovercraft film. I love hovercrafts. My favourite "big vehicles fuck yeah" documentary is about hovercrafts. But this was just another bad attempt at Top Gear comedy, made worse by the constant buzzing noise of the Hovervan's engines. It ranks among the five worsts segments Top Gear has ever done. It got one "saw that coming from miles away, but laughed anyways" moment out of me: When they blew the stuff from the "dinner guest" extras' tables away with the Hovercraft's fan.

Eight points for the Merc review, but minus four points for the Hovercrap film: 4/10.

5/10
Was disappointed by nearly everything in this episode.

The SLS review was kind of ok-ish, had its moments, but a lot of it was crap too.
Hoverbus was meh
Guest was acceptable and he seemed like a fun guy. But hardly a car-guy.

interesting poll results

for me: 8/10, very good episode

Just switch off after SLS review. Really. Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust all over again.

Top gear drinking game

"Its all scripted" - shot of tequila
"Why isn't it more about cars?" - down a pint
"Fit bird behind..." - Jagerbomb
"It's too childish/stupid/pathetic" -bottle of Gin . no breathing
SIARPC is shite and a waste of time - double Absinthe.
I prefer Fifth Gear" - Pint of wine
"James May's hair..." - Gallon of Absinthe
"Bring back Jason Dawe" - Yard of Bollinger
'Hammond's a **** ' ? bottle of scotch
'it makes millions for the BBC'' - bucket of Blue Nun
Is this is where the licence fee goes? bottle of absinthe. No breathing.

For me, a solid and entertaining 7.

Knew that FGers would by and large hate it, which is fine. But anyone who says this is as bad as the Hammerhead Eagle iThrust thing is just wrong.

quite a nice episode! the review was very good and i really laughed during the hovervan segment! a 9 from me!

The SLS's were neat. The Hovervan was somewhat funny, except for the man that got pushed off the boat, in case that wasn't scripted. All in all entertaining, but Im not to fond of "bob" like segments. So 6/10.

I gave it a 7. Loved the SLS and Hugh Jackman. The hovercraft was okay, I guess. The color of the E SLS was horrid though.

Hmmmmm. can't decide. I like most of it but THE NOISE. That definately brought it down for me, but then I am having to watch it with headphones.

James, "Why are we still shouting?" LOL

8/10 because I liked Jeremy's review and I think the hovervan would have been a fun thing to do except for the noise.

Much better than I thought it would be, gave it an 8/10.

The SLS part was really good and so was the Hover Van stuff.
The Hovercraft part was much better than I thought it would be, I actually laughed a bunch of times, there were some silly and moronic bits though.

I used to live just outside of Stratford-Upon-Avon and went to school there so it was nice to see it, otherwise a snooze episode.

8/10 for me
SLS Test felt short, but was alright
News ...meh
SIARPC was good too
Hovervan, good fun

but still no Cool Wall :(

How the hell was that thing going forwards? I never once saw the propeller move. Just the rudder. The fuck?

Oh, who cares. I laughed. I laughed at the filming and I laughed again tonight. It's not going to win any oscars but that's not why I watch it.

Exactly.

Liked the SLS comparison and how careful they were when discussing the E car's problems ! Still don't think I fancy a silent car though however fast it is. You would need one in dayglo yellow because it would be the only way anyone would know you were coming.

The Hovervan segment was really good fun...these things seem to work far better now that Jeremy takes the buffoon role (and lets face it - he's made for it) and have the others reacting and compensating for it. It's really like the dynamic of old and I am pleased to see it back.