[20x05] July 28th, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
Jeremy Clarkson and James May investigate an increasingly popular type of tall hatchback often referred to as a 'crossover'. After deducing that these cars are designed entirely to appeal to caravanners, the pair pick examples from Mazda and Volkswagen then use them to spend a couple of days living like the kind of person who would buy one. Meanwhile, Richard Hammond is in Italy driving a pair of Lamborghinis, the sensational Aventador Roadster and a 2 million pound, 570 horsepower riot of carbon fibre and space age styling called the Sesto Elemento. Plus, James May is at the test track to drive a modern recreation of the classic Porsche 911 and Aerosmith legend Steven Tyler is the rock star in the Reasonably Priced Car.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b037x8f7

From that preview it looks like this will be one hell of an episode! :D It will be all about cars (might be some cocking about in the crossover segment, but it should be entertaining) and a they have a rock star for a guest.

A modern recreation of the classic Porsche 911? A Singer 911?

A modern recreation of the classic Porsche 911? A Singer 911?
I remember 'Singers', a Rootes group product:

1960.singer.gazelle.arp.jpg

crossovers aren't tall hatchbacks...they are SUV's on car frames, basically...but should be a good episode...i wonder which ones they will test

http://aeronewsdaily.com/blog/?p=11154

?It was hot again at the Top Gear studio this week. Hot, and loud. The Stig was having fun making two very special Lamborghini V10s pop and bang around our test track, rock legend Steven Tyler wrung our Vauxhall Astra Techline to within an inch of its life between Aerosmith anecdotes, and Jeremy and James wouldn?t stop telling everyone how proud they were of their VERY SERIOUS CONSUMER TEST involving caravans and tow cars.

You can see more this Sunday as usual ? including May?s ode to a one-off Porsche 911, and Hammond?s film on said special Lamborghinis ? but for now click on for a glimpse of what happened at Dunsfold??

Looks like a great episode. I find crossovers dumb so, seeing what they can get into with them will be interesting. It's been a long time since a caravan has been destroyed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.