[20x06] August 4th, 2013

[20x06] August 4th, 2013

• Total voters
Came in half-way so vote and full episode comments later, but this series' ending is second only to JC's Aston Soliloquy at the end of Series 13. The F1 cars were amazing.

Last edited:
Meh. This episode was saved by the last film. I was grinning all the way through. The rest of the episode - apart from Jeremy's Jag review, which was only OK - left me completely cold. 5/10 (Without the final segment I dread to think.)

They could IMO made much more of the British film. A whole episode? Maybe, maybe not. But certainly more about the history, involvement with other countries/companies. Then it would have been a 10/10. A 'not arsing it around' special.

Oh, and Mr he-he said that Webber should have taken the bus for a lap around the track.

EDIT - I know I'm a fangirl (albeit normally a Wilman fangirl) but WTF was going on with Hammond's hair in the last segment???

Last edited:
First off (and the whole reason for making this post): Land Rover, Top Gear, and Halo music...I had a nerdgasm! :woot:

News was completely forgettable.

James and his bus was just cringe-worthy. :no:

It was good seeing Webber before he moves on from F1. Take that, Vettel! :p

Jag review was a bit bland really. Very nice location though.

I nearly switched off at the start of the last segment seeing an incoming 'Britain...righto chaps!' but I'm glad I didn't. Seeing all those vehicles lined up even gave me goosebumps.

That patriotic finale was pathetic. The rest of the episode wasn't much better. Kind of pointless, really.

Gee, I'm really looking forward to TG USA to coming back.

I never give a 10, never. I figure it can always be a bit better. Tonight was an exception. Brought a tear to my eye with a great end to a great season. Well don Top Gear.

Seemed like a good episode, all three with solid independent segments until the UK car gathering, though they didn't really get together much for that either. One odd thing that stuck out for me was the person laughing 'yuk yuk' when Jeremy drew the face on his thumb.

judging by this Jeremy is thinking of getting an F-Type.
So, as I said. The last 13 minutes were uplifting. May sell the Mercedes and get an F Type. Yes?

Last bit was OK (yet a bit cheesy) (and did anyone else see the IRONY of TG doing a circlejerk on great British car industry and the next programme afterwards is about German cars? :D), should have had a bigger part in the show. The Bus bit...funny for a minute, then quite boring. The Range Rover Sport....I wonder if that was one of JLRs test tracks, as it seemed perfectly fit for the RRS's capability...and that an AWD supercharged V8 beats a hot hatch on a high speed circuit is not really a suprise :). Webber was in my opinion even more arrogant than Vettel, I was so happy Lewis still is faster, his smug showing off while driving was just pathetic.

That patriotic finale was pathetic. The rest of the episode wasn't much better. Kind of pointless, really.

driving nails through testicles is pointless but some people like it. you do it despite hating it. CONGRATULATIONS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

fuck
10/10
didn't watch it whole yet

...(and did anyone else see the IRONY of TG doing a circlejerk on great British car industry and the next programme afterwards is about German cars? :D), ...

Yes!! :D

I haven't been able to rewatch the episode yet but at the very beginning did Jezza say Richard "Minced" around a corner? (Odd phrasing unless I picked it up wrong)

That aside, good episode I thought. Was nice to see the scope the UK can produce :)

The sound of that F-type....

Gave it a 10/10 for the great ending.
That part should have been much longer, the bus part I liked actually because it was May that did it and not Jezza or even worse, Hammond.

The Land Rover part was kinda meh and so was the Jaguar segment.

What an epic episode, I don't think I've given a 10 in the last 3 years, but this one well deserved it.

The Jag and Range Rover segments were good, but very 'typical' of what the guys have done before.

I always wondered why there were those styling 'blisters' on the bottom of the doors on the Rover Sports, and thought at least they are on the door instead of on the sill, making your legs filthy as you get out (valet parkers need clean slacks as well.)

The trunk on the Jag may not have much storage space, but damn that thing has a great ass!

I wish the line of cars had more airtime to be gone over, but i've seen the lineup before from fan vids.

I'm finding the Torrage and magnet links not connecting to peers, Zoink 720p link works fine though. Hmm.

Last edited:
That ending, fuck yeah.

MARK WEBBA FUCK YEAH!!!! Suck it, Finger boi.

9/10 for all that. 10/10 would include footage of Vettel crying.

Range Rover was ok
Bus yeah... I don't know, could have been shorter
News ok
SIARPC, Webber, nice guy, 0.2 behind lewis, wow that was close
Jag, WOW what a car! that sound, that styling!
British bit at the end was okay-ish, they could have said more about certain cars/vehicles

but after all a very very good ending for the season, 9/10