[20x06] August 4th, 2013

[20x06] August 4th, 2013

• Total voters
4/10. I didn't like clarkson making fun of whiplash or people who work on motorways. Everything else was boring. Apart from the Jag review, that was quite good. France not watching TG was a good laugh too. I guess if you are a Brit the last segment was great.

8/10. Pretty good last show. The RR Sport review was good, James' Bus piece was worth a chuckle or two, SIARPC was pretty decent. The ending was a pretty cool sight, albeit a bit cheesy and for me it was just missing a little something.

Still, I've enjoyed this series. No knockout episodes, but no disasters either.

1 point for webber, 0 for the rest. The ending ruined it. I hate patriotism, i hate it when the 'mericans do it, and i also hate it when anyone else does it.

Was this pissing contest realy necessary?

Thought the end piece was great and considering how quickly and late in the day it was done, beautifully edited and produced (well done Andy). I thought that the Range Rover review was good because there was an actual point to be made there, the bus review was a bit daft and the Jag review was like watching the Ferrari one from a few weeks ago all over again. It would have been nice to have a proper British guest to go with all the 'Best of Britishness' (pity that they couldn't have finally got Prince Harry) rather than Webber, but his interview was quite entertaining. The news wasn't the best but it was by no means the worst.

This series for me has been generally very entertaining - no one episode has stood out as outstanding, but every episode has had at least one really good segment and no real stinkers even if there was a danger of 'style over substance' to some extent especially in the first few episodes.

That last part was so patriotic, I really liked it. It makes me wonder whether if Australia can survive just as a parts manufacturer, but I doubt it.

Their scenery for the shots are great, but still they seem to lack substance in their reviews or that you knew that they were saying the same things as before, but I guess that because they chose British cars cause of this ep.

Hopefully, it will be a more diverse range for next season and hopefully more brands will be a bit more keen on lending them the keys.

Anyway a 9/10 for me just cause of that last part.

That ending, fuck yeah.

MARK WEBBA FUCK YEAH!!!! Suck it, Finger boi.

9/10 for all that. 10/10 would include footage of Vettel crying.

I loved that!

And the ending actually took my breath away for a moment. Just absolutely beautiful.

United_Kingdom.gif

Last edited:
Gave it a 7. Even a infomercial from the company that made the london bus would have been more exciting to watch than the May segment. Land Rover was pretty good, and the British bit was amazing. One tend to think that most stuff are made in Asia these days, and what the UK makes suprised me.

The ending is epic. not wishing for a grand finale of TG but it feels like they'd used their best idea.
*where's the batmobile?

Liked the Range Rover Sport bit, even though i'm a bit tired of them reviewing Range Rovers. May with the bus was meh, loved the fact Webber was faster than Vettel. The F-type is an orgasmic car and enjoyed that segment (and that sound!). And I liked the patriotic bit in the end, even if i'm not even remotely british.

I would've give it an 8 but from the SIARPC to the finale the episode just deserves a 9 overall. Well done again, TG, hope to see you again soon.

I would have liked to see an episode just made from the ending segment. Something about it being done from beginning to end. :)

7/10 from me. The Range Rover film was okay, the Jag film was boring (and I don't think it's exceptionally good-looking at all), News was average. I liked the NBFL part. Why? Because James did it, and thus it was a bit odd and a bit quirky. I shudder to think of what the other two would've done.

Mark Webber made no impression on me, and I was mostly 'meh' about the last film. It's great that so much of the motor industry is made in Britain; employment, national pride, etc. Maybe I'm jaded because of where I was raised, but cars like the Range Rover and Jaguar? They aren't that special. They're everywhere here!

This season was a disappointment, honestly.

I just remembered where I saw the 'fan' footage from the 'Best of British' ending segment. (DOH!) Here's some videos for those who want to see more of the cars.

TOP GEAR 'Best of British' - McLaren P1, One-77, F1 Cars, F-Types Taxis, Minis...!
(Nice, quiet, daylight walkthrough of many of the cars)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZ8rdUfhs4

Top Gear: Clarkson, Hammond and May driving Jaguar F-Types
(short 'behind the scenes', guys trying to get the wind to cooperate)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_3hs6Nz-qY

A playlist of all of the short videos Shmee150 made that day.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?ann...2Rb-5dWLf-K4qn2Dw0kKuUlmm&src_vid=tjZ8rdUfhs4

On a side note, I'm having a laugh with Clarkson's twitter feed about the man with 'the shoes'. https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/364065625640931329/photo/1

The Range Rover film felt like a long ad, and then the rest was exactly the same. Didn't they always call salesmen boring?

RR Sport: Deja vu and boring
news: terrible deja vu right down to the letter
bus: Advertisement and silly
SIARPC: deja vu
F-type: Car is a missed opportunity and looks like a Corvette/Charger blend. Review of it is bad and the whole "if it looks like this, sounds like that", again; deja vu
last bit: quite epic

6.5/10. Without that last bit it would have been a 4/10.

Last edited:
10 out of 10. And I'm not the type to give perfect reviews.

What made it, for me, was (wait for it) James' review of the new Bus. Small prediction: once this ep airs on BBC America, there's going to be a spike in ridership from American tourists who came to London to see that bus in action.

And the overall theme. Honestly there hasn't been a show with an overall theme tying in the major segments since Series 4.

Utterly grandiose.

Okay, but not especially memorable. 8/10. Would have been a 7 for me if not for some really, really great cinematography. TG has really brought their editing A game of late, rather than just run through the Final Cut filters per the last few series.

I liked it:
- All reviews included on-the-road segments, not just track based.
- Almost no made-up stupidity to be found. (I've gotten allergic to that.)
- James handled the bus review well. Hammond and Clarkson would have fucked it up. Still, I would have liked him driving a regular service day.

If they would shorten the segments and add an on-the-road team review, it would be a 10.

And one classic car / brand review per episode wouldn't hurt. But that's me.

Pretty boring episode overall. The F-type review was the only bit I was looking forward to and they messed that up by only testing the V6 S. Plus no power lap.

The end was cool for about a minute. I think I learned more about what was there from fans and youtube videos. Big missed opportunity there.

Bring on TG: USA in September!