[20x06] August 4th, 2013

[20x06] August 4th, 2013

• Total voters
...Only thing I would have liked, would have been to see all of those vehicles actually driving down the Mall together. ;)

@SniffPetrol said:
Brief idea of how Mall shot was done. Assembled at 10pm Saturday night. First cars, arrived.
@SniffPetrol said:
At 12am Mall was closed. Started arranging front rows. Other vehicles start assembling in staging area on Constitution Hill.
@SniffPetrol said:
Then we called things down in waves and lined 'em up. Last things into position at first light.

Funny that the Americans here can't stand some British patriotism. Do you guys ever watch your own tv shows? There's even a US flag on the moon, for god's sake.

There's a good suspicion that the flags have been bleached white over the last few years.

In other words, aliens will now think the French were there first!

I've noticed that the logo they used on the TV during the news was updated for this series. They've used the same one for years and years before this series. </geek>

7/10 for me.

The Land Rover review was meh.
The news segment was ok.
SIARPC was good I guess.
The bus thing was inane.
The Jag review was not bad.jpg
The british segment was alright. Perhaps could have done a bit more on that and less on the bus... WTF IS UP WITH THE BUS REVIEW?!

Just watched it (i was away on holiday) and i didn't like it. I hate it when TopGear gets all patriotic, its just a bit sad. It always looks like a drunk person at a bar, telling you how great he once was... And they really grasp at straws sometimes...

5/10

2/10 most disappointing episode for a long while, annoyed there are only 6 episodes. F-Type was enjoyable & Bus with James was great. It had too much Fifth Gear about it. Most boring episode I can remember since the first series.

Just got around to watching this, bit disappointed that we didn't watch it on the roadtrip now because it has off road, Mark Webber and a warm fuzzy feeling for me as a Brit at the same time. I thoroughly enjoyed all of it, and for some reason it all felt a lot more natural that it has done in the past. For example when Hammond was driving the RRS he was genuinely amazed at what it was doing.

It's not that it was a very British episode either, you could've swapped the RRS and the Jag for German cars (that I like, obviously) and the segments would've been equally brilliant. In my opinion it was a very good end to the series, an episode I will go back and watch again.

Just watched the episode again. I liked the patriotic theme at the end although I think for all the fanfare it caused it could have been a little longer. The bus was cool but drawn out. I don't know if it was to be intentional or simply a joke but, did anyone notice that one the red countries / British military vehicles map, the whole of the UK was not highlighted? Seems like a obvious given but why exclude themselves of they included them selves one the other maps ?

Overall Rating 8/10

That patriotic finale was pathetic.
I didn't think much of it either. they seem to forget it's not a british-only show anymore and they've already done a 'britain is great' segments before (eg jaguar 50th).

Any idea on the Series/Episode when James May takes the New Bentley Flying Spur through Beijing and reviews it ? thanks