[21x01] February 2nd, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
And so it begins! Looks like a great episode to start off Series 21.

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May immerse themselves in nostalgia and try to prove that hot hatches from their younger days are better than today's equivalents. Jeremy grabs the keys to a Volkswagen Golf GTI, Richard takes the wheel of a Vauxhall Nova SRi and James May opts for the Ford Fiesta XR2i, and the trio set off on a road trip that includes a hill climb and a visit to a supermarket. However, their adventure concludes at an army training ground in Wales, where they and their steeds must face the heavily armed Top Gear Police Department. Downton Abbey star Hugh Bonneville blasts the Reasonably Priced Car around the test track.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/csmk4y/top-gear--series-21---episode-1

It's not baaadd... :unsure: The main challenge has it's really good moments, but is split into three parts and the third is, well, just crap IMO. The odd funny bit if you really look for it, but it just felt like a bit of a time filler. The episode suffers from having no car review - I wonder if they haven't got enough to review one every episode and this was the film that they could stretch to fill the time, or what, but it was just a bit odd. Anyhoo, news and interview were OK, and look out for a possible FG Hoodie in shot ;)

Heh, yeah it all went a bit wrong :blush: They filmed the link to the SIARPC just before coffee, then broke for coffee with the interview afterwards. So there was me thinking I was safe as I was nowhere near the stage, but they had to retake the link! I was doing so well to keep hidden, but short of pulling the hood right over my head there was nothing much I could do.

I am suffering. This. Is. Bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.