[21x01] September 3rd, 2012

[21x01] September 3rd, 2012

• Total voters
Back with a bang. Great show.

The two most intolerable things on the show, to me, have been the Team Test and the Spaz. In the hour format, the Team Test is no longer a complete waste of valuable time. It's buried a little more successfully and even helps act as a unifying thread in terms of bringing the presenters together. As for the Spaz, he was not only tolerable in his segment, but he carried the show very well. The only time I wanted to punch him in the face was when he wore those stupid goddamn fluorescent shoes in the Team Test (anyone get the feeling that the Team Test was an unbroadcast segment from the previous series?).

They've covered their weaknesses and toned down their eccentricities quite well. Welcome to the new network, Fifth Gear. You did them proud.

The audio and video are out of sync does anyone know what to set the audio desynchronisation compensation in vlc to?

It's a bit weird since there's no inbetween banter of the hosts (used to TG here), but it's sooo much better. No more cramped crap.

The truck parts gave me stiffies, too. Guess I'm weird.

8/10

I liked the team test, 911 review and tuning bit. Truck segment didn't do anything to me. Overall pretty good.

That was a good start. Didn't feel as rushed thanks to the longer time period and they didn't waste half the show on reading off contest rules... Yay.

The audio and video are out of sync does anyone know what to set the audio desynchronisation compensation in vlc to?

I think I went with +0.300 and it was close enough. I hate when they're out of sync. Such a pain.

Man that was so much better then the last 1-2 seasons. It was paced alot better, and the segments were great.

It's much better in a 60 minute format. I felt that all of the segments gelled nicely together without seeming too rushed as it did in a 30 minute episode. Really enjoyed this week's Fifth Gear. Nice job, Discovery. 8/10

I really like the current cast. I do wish they had more segments with all of them together. I did enjoy their Team Test of the Bug.

Needed more Vicki driving though. Solid start. 7/10.

I like Fifth Gear, but this episode was a but bland for me. Still I have hopes for this season.

Loved it. Very good episode.

Obligatory "would have loved more car review time" comment, but this is the world we live in. Still more entertaining than most other shows. :)

Solid episode. They are definitely better in the hour format. With the breaks for commercials, the 30 minute format was too rushed.
Was very surprised that Jonny put in such a close time in the truck. 20 seconds off of Gerard's time is pretty damned good. Maybe there is hope for Jonny yet ;-)

Very happy FG is back and with a format better suited for them. Jonny had the best segment. 8/10!

You know what? This was a really great episode. Even if every segment didn't tick all the boxes for me as far as interesting content, I gotta say that the timeing, show format and the presenting was ALL top-notch!

I really think this format is their "groove":
  • Individualy-hosted segments
  • bridged with one host with his own segment
  • and they all coalesse to one "all together now" segment

My "beef" with the segment on driving skill though, is always me beef with this specific of comparison. While beating a previous time gives you faster, unless you do it ALL the time, or are a ultra competitive person, you would prefer the feeling/sensation or speed to actual speed. In my personal car, I would gladly rather give up 5 seconds on a 1:35 track to have a car that feels faster becayse it has more hp...but that's just me. That's why I want BRZ, but can never get rid of the nagging feeling that I'm going to end up with a Mustang. :p

Hi folks, do any of you know the song playing in the background of the GTR segment with Vicki? a dubstep tune. I don't know if there is a special place to ask this question but I am am hoping this place is ok.